This post is sponsored by The Ribbon Retreat. I received product in exchange for this post. All opinions are 100% mine.
Who else loves to read? Because, I love to read, but maybe even more than I love to read, I love to make bookmarks. I was so excited to use this faux leather to create these gorgeous faux leather bookmarks. They are great for gifts or for a fun craft night with friends. Oh and did I mention they are simple and easy to make?!? I mean I am a fan of any project that take a half and hour. Let’s get creating and then reading!
What you will need:
- Faux Leather
- Thin Ribbon
- Embellishment Ribbon
- Sewing Machine and Thread
- pinking shears or fabric scissors
- hole puncher
Directions to make faux leather bookmarks:
- Cut out the bookmark. I made mine 1.5 inches x 6 inches. I used pinking shears to make the zig zag for mine but normal straight scissors would work too.
- Punch a hole with the hole puncher in the top of the bookmark. Punch it twice. Once on each side and you might have to cut it off the rest of the hole with the scissors depending on how well your punch works.
- Loop the thin ribbon through the hole using whatever colors you would like.
- Embellish with other ribbons or fancy stitches from the sewing machine. Flowers or any other embellishments would work too. Have fun with it.
The faux leather is perfect for a bookmark. It is thicker than a paper bookmark so it will last, but thin enough to still fit in a book.
The possibilities are endless for how you could make these bookmarks your own! What color of faux leather would your bookmark be?
If you like this idea you might like these:
I’m Emily, a mom and wife with a passion for crafting, celebrating holidays, and creating memorable moments. From Idaho to the world, The Benson Street is a treasure trove of easy, fun DIY projects, delightful printables, and delicious recipes. With over a decade of experience in blogging and a love for all things seasonal, I’m here to share my tips, ideas, and occasional mishaps. Join me in adding a dash of joy and creativity to every day! Read more…