How to make Post-It Note Covers using scrapbook paper. Make personalized and cute post-it note covers for adorable sticky notes.
If you are anything like me, and maybe even if you aren’t, then you love pretty things. Am I right? I love when things can be pretty and functional. Just because something serves a purpose doesn’t mean it can’t be colorful or exciting. Something like let’s say a sticky note pad. I use these constantly. At home, at work, and everywhere in between. So when I see cute designer series paper like the Amy Tangerine Plus One collection, I knew that it was a match made in heaven. the perfect time to make a new sticky note holder or two or three.
This project post is a part of a paid marketing campaign with Snap. Although this post is sponsored the project idea and all opinions expressed are my own. Contains affiliate links for your convenience; learn more and see our full disclosure policy here.
How to make Post-It Note Covers!
- Scrapbook Paper
- 3×3 Inch Post-it Note Pad
- Stickers and Embellishments
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Sticky Back Velcro
- Paper Scorer or Bone Folder (optional)
Here are the written out step by step instructions for how to cover sticky note pads to make adorable office supplies for your work or home office.
- First thing is to start by picking your favorite patterned or plain thicker quality scrapbook paper.
- Cut the paper to 3 x 9 inches (for a 3 x 3 pad).
- Fold the paper around the pad to create score lines, and crease the folds really well (I used my finger nails to get it nice and creased or make score marks using a paper scorer).
- Using hot glue, glue the pad down to the middle section of the paper.
- Cut off any excess on the top flap. I cut mine following the pattern to make it a scalloped edge. Or use fancy scissors to cut off excess on top flap.
- Use sticky back velcro to make the flap stick. Start by sticking the rough side on the bottom flap. Once it is in place, remove the back from the soft side and stick it to the rough side. Close the top paper flap to stick it to the piece of velcro.
Good news! Now the fun part comes in, embellishing! There are so many great embellishments you can add to these handmade pieces for a great way to customize them to your personal preferences.
Some of my favorites embellishments and craft supplies to add to the finished product:
- washi tape
- rubber stamps
Use your craft stash to make one of kind items!
Let me just tell you of my love for rub-ons. They are like stickers and vinyl mixed together, but they stay on the sticky note covers and paper in general so well. Plus, they come in a variety of colors. Okay, I loved when i found the “Rather Forget This” one, because most of the time, I would rather forget things on my to-do list! Seemed appropriate to put in my little to-do list notebook cover, the good new is that taking the quick notes down on these pads helps me to actually get things done.
Embellish the crap out of these cute little covers. Mine ended up with embellishments inside and out.
And adding rubber stamps is a great idea. I loved the idea to add the “Remember” stamp to each page of my post-its. Such a cute and fun personal touch. Especially fun for making personalized great gifts.
I love all of the options for post covers for sticky notes, there are so many cute patterned paper and even some with a positive message inscribed right on the paper! So I’ve decided I need to make a whole host of these covers because sticky notes are such powerful tools!
Now I am pretty and functional with my super cute post-it note covers, and so can you.
More great ideas to try:
Please pin this post for later and follow along on Pinterest:
I’m Emily, a mom and wife with a passion for crafting, celebrating holidays, and creating memorable moments. From Idaho to the world, The Benson Street is a treasure trove of easy, fun DIY projects, delightful printables, and delicious recipes. With over a decade of experience in blogging and a love for all things seasonal, I’m here to share my tips, ideas, and occasional mishaps. Join me in adding a dash of joy and creativity to every day! Read more…