Let me tell you a little bit about myself. Pull up a chair, a snack and stay a while.
This is how excited I am that you are here! I know it kind of looks scary, but really it’s a good thing.
Hi, I’m Emily. I am an Idaho girl at heart (still live there to this day with my wild and silly husband). I love to read, shop, craft and try my hand at DIY. I am not a professional by any means, I just want to share with you my good ideas, tips and mistakes. I hope you have fun stopping by.
Why did I start this blog you ask. After graduating from college and working for a couple of years, I needed to find an outlet for my creative juices and a way to learn new things. Not only is it an outlet, it is motivation. It helps me to get my projects done, share my ideas and connect with friends.
Let me tell you a little bit more about me. I’m a Mormon. You can find out more about what I believe here. I graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho with a degree in Healthcare Administration. I guess you could say I’m opinionated (or at least that is what my husband says). I’m not sure that I really am that opinionated. I love having fun and spending time with my husband. We love to watch sports together and play. We especially like to frisbee golf. It is super fun plus gets us out and moving.
Read a little bit more about me here on this feature by Terry’s Blinds.
- Boxes, Containers
- Date Nights
- Taking something old & neat to transform it to something amazing
- Holidays (most all of them!!! I like to celebrate)
- reading blogs
- swimming in the ocean
- Project Runway, Once Upon a Time, Psych, The Next Great Baker, Downton Abbey
- Italian Food
- Emerald Green (has been long before it was the color of 2013)
- While You Were Sleeping, Pride & Prejudice, Sabrina (with Audrey Hepburn), Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Anne of Green Gables, and soo many more
- Disc Golf
You can read more personal details by clicking here.
I hope you will take some time to look around The Benson Street. I try to only share ideas that are easy, fun and will help you out. Follow along and let’s be friends.
You can contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by going here.
This blog is for entertainment purposes only. None of my posts should be taken in lieu of expert advice. If I claim or appear to be an expert on a certain topic or product or service area it is only based on my own expertise. Please consult with a professional if you are attempting any projects which you are unsure of. Also make sure you take all safety precautions when using power tools or other dangerous objects and read the instruction manuals before using any device you are unsure of. I am not responsible for any injury or damage sustained while attempting to duplicate projects or tutorials on this blog. ALL PROJECTS PERFORMED FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS FROM MY BLOG ARE DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
All advertising in the form of advertisements on my blog are generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements are paid advertisements. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Some of our posts at The Benson Street contain affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and purchase something, we may receive a very small commission. It does NOT result in additional charges to you or cost you anything extra. Mentions of associated products/services/businesses within the content of the blog may or may not be noted as an affiliate in every reference. The affiliate money earned per month helps pay the fees to keep this site up and running. Thank you so much for your support!
The Benson Street is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
I am sometimes compensated to provide my opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. These compensated posts are identified as a sponsored post at the beginning of the post. Although I sometimes receive compensation for posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
The Benson Street may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
● contact information including email address
● demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
● other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service,
and in particular for the following reasons:
● We may use the information to improve our products and services.
● We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
● From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent
unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and
managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
● whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
● if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
For information about opting out of the Blogger Network and ad serving partners please visit http://www.thebloggernetwork.com/privacy-policy/ If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us.