Guys, Valentine’s Day is a week away. Have you planned out your heart shaped and red colored meals? Or is that just me. I’ve got breakfast, dinner and dessert decided. Dessert is definitely the highlight with this yummy Jelly Roll Dessert! It is customizable to your sweetheart’s tastes and comes together quick.
My mother passed this recipe down to me, as one she used to make at her sister’s house all the time. The great part is the jelly and cream cheese filling. I used raspberry jelly, but if you want strawberry, grape, or another flavor go for it!
I love adding powdered sugar on top of desserts because it reminds me of the Boy Meets World episode where Topanga wants snow on her tree pancakes and Cory wants syrup. Haha any one else a Boy Meets World fan?
After the roll is ready, just slice it up and serve. Pair it with a nice glass of cold milk. Ahh! It is awesome. And then throw on a great Valentine Day Movie (I’ve got lots of ideas).
Plus, my friends are sharing there favorite Valentine’s Day Recipes too! Just keep scrolling down after the Jelly Roll Dessert recipe to see more!
- Cake Roll
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- jelly or jam of your choice
- Line with parchment paper and grease cookie seat.
- Beat cake ingredients (except powdered sugar) together and pour on prepared pan.
- Bake at 375 Degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn onto a towel sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Roll up the cake with the towel until cool.
- Unroll and spread on a thin layer of jelly (or thick if you want more but if you do too much it will ooze out).
- Mix together filling ingredients and spread on top of the jelly layer.
- Re-roll and chill.
- Cut into slices to serve.
I’m Emily, a mom and wife with a passion for crafting, celebrating holidays, and creating memorable moments. From Idaho to the world, The Benson Street is a treasure trove of easy, fun DIY projects, delightful printables, and delicious recipes. With over a decade of experience in blogging and a love for all things seasonal, I’m here to share my tips, ideas, and occasional mishaps. Join me in adding a dash of joy and creativity to every day! Read more…