In college I loved to bake. By bake I mean bake cookies, brownies and all sorts of yummy treats. A staple cookie in my apartment was Funfetti Cake Mix cookies. They were super easy and really delicious. Fast forward to now. For the Mr.’s birthday I wanted to make some ice cream sandwiches. Not typical ice cream sandwiches, but something with a twist. The funfetti cake mix cookies didn’t let me down for Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches.
With a cake mix, a couple eggs, oil and ice cream anyone can whip up these awesome ice cream sandwiches. They were way better than a good old Fat Boy ice cream sandwich.
When making ice cream sandwiches at home it is important to let the ice cream soften a little, but not too much. If it gets to be too soft, it will be hard to assemble the sandwiches.
The recipe came to me inspired by my favorite Cold Stone ice cream mix, birthday cake remix. It usually has cake batter ice cream, brownies, hot fudge, and sprinkles. I found a way to include all of those ingredients in this flavorful treat.
These sandwiches look beautiful and were a crowd favorite at the Mr.’s birthday party!!!
Plus, I’ve got lots of great party ideas from some of my blog friends.
Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 2 "Funfetti" cake mixes
- 2/3 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 gallon fudge brownie chocolate ice cream I used Dreyer's Double Trouble Fudge Brownie
- Mix first three ingredients in a medium mixing bowl
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 7 to 8 minutes at 375 degrees
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes
- Soften ice cream on counter for 5 to 10 minutes
- Pair cookies with similar sized and shaped cookies
- Scoop one scoop of ice cream on a cookie followed by the matching cookie
- Wrap cookies with plastic wrap and freeze for a 4 to 5 hours before serving
I’m Emily, a mom and wife with a passion for crafting, celebrating holidays, and creating memorable moments. From Idaho to the world, The Benson Street is a treasure trove of easy, fun DIY projects, delightful printables, and delicious recipes. With over a decade of experience in blogging and a love for all things seasonal, I’m here to share my tips, ideas, and occasional mishaps. Join me in adding a dash of joy and creativity to every day! Read more…