I have one plant that I have successfully kept alive (besides my annual flowers in my flower garden, they just take care of themselves). It is a funky little garden plant that sits on my kitchen window sill. It needs water once a week and gets sun each afternoon. Other than that, I have a brown thumb. I’ve decided to try to turn my thumb green, this time with fresh herbs and adorable DIY washi tape garden markers.
I headed to The Home Depot, because I knew that I would find exactly what I would need to start my own herb garden. I found these amazingly awesome herbs to plant in this funky little planter box in my backyard.
What I love about these herbs are 1) they are already growing and 2) you plant them in the pot! I know cool, right! I love that I don’t have to do much to plant them.
Start by digging a hole. Then soak the pot with water. Put the herb plant in the hole. Fill hole with soil. I added a little bit of potting soil near the top just because I like how nice it looks. And there you have it. An instant herb garden! Plant all your favorite herbs from The Home Depot. I love to make fresh pesto, so I am starting with basil to see how well my thumb works.
To be able to tell the herbs apart, I knew I needed a cute way to mark them.
Grab some washi tape, scissors, straws or wooden sticks.
Write the name of the herb with permanent marker on the tape. Pull off a long enough strip of the tape with herb name and wrap around straw or stick to create a little flag. Cut off the excess and make a little flag.
Stick the garden markers near the correct herbs and watch them grow.
Aren’t they adorable? Now I just have to remember to water them tomorrow!
Now let’s get down to how you can start your own herb garden, by winning on of 150 $20 gift cards to The Home Depot today through Wednesday or use promo code: SPRINGHD for $10 off of $100 through Sunday! That is a total of $3000 of gift cards and some of it could be yours. Head on over to savings.com by clicking this picture!
Fine Print on giveaway and deal:
- Savings.com is giving out $3,000 worth of Home Depot gift cards.
- 150 $20.00 gift cards
- $1,000 each day of giveaway (3 days)
- The giveaway will start on Monday, April 21 at 9:30 AM EST and end on Wednesday, April 23 at 7:00 PM EST, users can enter the giveaway by heading to the Home Depot page on Savings.com and submitting their email address.
- At 7:00 PM EST on each day the sweepstakes is running (Monday the 21st, Tuesday the 22nd and Wednesday the 23rd) 50 of the winners will be selected and $1,000 dollars worth of gift cards will be given out.
- Readers can enter the sweepstakes once a day, with the giveaway being reset at 7:01 PM EST on Monday and Tuesday. This means everyone can enter this sweepstakes 3 times – potentially allowing someone to win $60 worth of gift cards.
The giveaway will run simultaneously with Home Depot’s best deal of the year:
- $10 off purchases of $100 or more.
- Promo Code: SPRINGHD
- Deal starts on Monday, April 21 and will run through Sunday, April 27.
- Log in to your Savings.com account to grab this deal on the Home Depot merchant page.
I’m Emily, a mom and wife with a passion for crafting, celebrating holidays, and creating memorable moments. From Idaho to the world, The Benson Street is a treasure trove of easy, fun DIY projects, delightful printables, and delicious recipes. With over a decade of experience in blogging and a love for all things seasonal, I’m here to share my tips, ideas, and occasional mishaps. Join me in adding a dash of joy and creativity to every day! Read more…