You won’t want to miss this Chocolate Peppermint Christmas Crinkle Cookie Recipe! This recipe gives a twist on a traditional chocolate crinkle to make them extra special Christmas crinkle cookies.
Need more yummy Christmas recipes? Try these Christmas treats and recipes to bring the Christmas spirit: Chocolate Dipped Gingersnaps, Gingerbread Fudge, Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes, Candy Cane Puff Pastries, Present Brownies, Santa Hat Cupcakes, Ham, Egg, and Spinach Casserole, and Simple Crepes.
Get ready to indulge in the perfect combination of rich chocolate and refreshing peppermint with these delightful Peppermint Chocolate Crinkles. These cookies are a must-have for the holiday season, with their crinkly exterior and soft, chewy center. Whether you’re baking for a cookie exchange, a holiday party, or simply to enjoy with your loved ones, these cookies are sure to be a hit.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
There are so many reasons to love this Peppermint Chocolate Crinkles recipe. First and foremost, the flavor combination of chocolate and peppermint is simply irresistible. The rich, decadent chocolate pairs perfectly with the cool, refreshing taste of peppermint, creating a cookie that is both indulgent and refreshing. The crinkly exterior adds a beautiful touch to these cookies, making them visually appealing as well for a favorite Christmas cookie.
Additionally, this recipe is incredibly easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you can have a batch of delicious cookies ready to enjoy in no time. The dough comes together quickly, and the baking time is short, so you can satisfy your sweet tooth without spending hours in the kitchen.
You only need these ingredients to make these delicious Christmas chocolate cookies:
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar, for rolling
How to Make the Recipe:
Make delicious brownie-like cookies with this easy to follow recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe medium bowl, heat 1 cup of chocolate chips in 30-second intervals, stirring well between each interval, until smooth. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the sugar, softened butter, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract until smooth on medium speed.
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add the melted chocolate to the butter mixture and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture of dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon or small ice cream scoops worth of dough and roll it in powdered sugar in a small bowl (I love to use a cookie scoop for similarly sized cookie dough balls).
- Place the dough balls on the parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is no longer shiny.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the large baking sheets for a few minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Remove from wire rack and serve the baked cookies.
Places to Enjoy this Recipe:
These Peppermint Chocolate Crinkles are perfect for a variety of occasions and are the best chocolate crinkle cookies for Christmas. They make a great addition to any holiday cookie tray or dessert table. You can also package them up in festive treat bags or boxes to give as gifts to friends, family, or coworkers. They are also a wonderful treat to enjoy with a cup of hot cocoa or a glass of milk on a cozy winter evening.
If you’re looking to change up this recipe a bit, there are a few variations you can try on these classic cookies.
- For a more intense peppermint flavor, you can add crushed peppermint candies or candy canes to the dough.
- You can also experiment with different types of chocolate chips, such as dark chocolate or white chocolate, to create different flavor profiles.
- Additionally, you can drizzle melted white chocolate or sprinkle crushed candy canes on top of the cookies for added visual appeal.
Can the Recipe be Stored or Made Ahead?
Absolutely! These Peppermint Chocolate Crinkles can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. If you want to make them ahead of time, you can freeze them for up to 3 months in a freezer container. Just be sure to keep them stored by themselves, as any other cookies will absorb the peppermint flavor.
Common Questions about Peppermint Chocolate Crinkles:
Can I use peppermint extract instead of peppermint oil?
Yes, you can use peppermint extract instead of peppermint oil. Just keep in mind that peppermint extract is not as concentrated as peppermint oil, so you may need to use a bit more to achieve the desired flavor.
Can I use a different type of flour, such as whole wheat flour?
While you can experiment with different types of flour, keep in mind that it may affect the texture and taste of the cookies. All-purpose flour is recommended for this recipe to achieve the best results.
Can I freeze the dough and bake it later?
Yes, you can freeze the dough and bake it later. Simply scoop out the dough onto a prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper, freeze until firm, then transfer the dough balls to a freezer-safe container or bag. When you’re ready to bake, simply place the frozen dough balls on a baking sheet and bake as directed, adding a few extra minutes to the baking time.
Can the recipe be doubled?
Yes, this recipe can be made in a double batch by doubling all of the ingredients in this easy recipe for homemade chocolate crinkle cookies for Christmas.
Peppermint Chocolate Crinkles
- 2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 T. unsalted butter softened
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 t peppermint
- 1 ½ t baking powder
- ½ t salt
- 1 ½ c flour
- Powdered sugar to roll
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwaveable safe bowl, heat 1 cup of chocolate chips for 30 seconds at a time and stir well between each interval until smooth. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the sugar, butter, vanilla and peppermint. Cream until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- The melted chocolate should be just warm to the touch – add to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well, scrape down the sides and mix again.
- Add in the remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips and fold to incorporate.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon or small ice cream scoops worth of dough. Roll in the powdered sugar.
- Place on the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are set and the center is no longer shiny.
These Peppermint Chocolate Crinkles are the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth during the holiday season. With their rich chocolate flavor, refreshing peppermint twist, and beautiful crinkly exterior, they are sure to be a hit at any gathering or as a homemade gift. Whether you enjoy the best chocolate crinkle cookie recipe with a cup of hot cocoa or share them with loved ones, these cookies are a festive delight that will bring joy to your holiday celebrations.
More Christmas Ideas to Try this Christmas season for the entire family:
- Christmas Movies to Watch
- Inspiring Christmas Tree Decor ideas
- Scented Gingerbread Ornaments
- Christmas Printable Stories and Gift Ideas
- Name That Christmas Carol Game
- Inspiring Christmas Trees
- More Free Printables
Please Pin this post for later and follow along on Pinterest:
I’m Emily, a mom and wife with a passion for crafting, celebrating holidays, and creating memorable moments. From Idaho to the world, The Benson Street is a treasure trove of easy, fun DIY projects, delightful printables, and delicious recipes. With over a decade of experience in blogging and a love for all things seasonal, I’m here to share my tips, ideas, and occasional mishaps. Join me in adding a dash of joy and creativity to every day! Read more…