By now you know I love cookies, but sometimes I even love a bar cookie even more than a traditional cookie. Now if you want a delicious and easy fun bar cookie try magic cookie bars. They truly are magic, because that are like a party in your mouth and tummy. Chocolate chips, coconut and pecans create a delicious pairing of flavors. Perfect to enjoy at any holiday party or just when you need a little treat.
Easily add ingredients into a pan and bake. That is what makes these simple and fun. No dropping cookies onto the cookie sheet, just bake, cool and share. These cookies might be a little more of the adult variety due to the nuts and coconut, but maybe if you can get the kids to give them a try they will fall in love!
Do you like bar cookies or traditional drop cookies better?
Magic Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 - 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 - 6 oz. package of chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Melt margarine and drizzle over crumbs in pan.
- Pour half of sweetened condensed milk over the crumbs.
- Top evenly with remaining ingredients.
- Pour remaining sweetened condensed milk over ingredients in pan.
- Press down gently over all the bars.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.
I’m Emily, a mom and wife with a passion for crafting, celebrating holidays, and creating memorable moments. From Idaho to the world, The Benson Street is a treasure trove of easy, fun DIY projects, delightful printables, and delicious recipes. With over a decade of experience in blogging and a love for all things seasonal, I’m here to share my tips, ideas, and occasional mishaps. Join me in adding a dash of joy and creativity to every day! Read more…