I love cooking and making dinner, but sometimes I just need something that is easy. Something that doesn’t take much thought, but fills up my family.
I am new to the freezer meal idea, but I LOVE it. It seems like soo many less dishes to clean by preparing multiple meals at once. And if you know me…I loath doing dishes.
I want to share with you the recipe I use for homemade Freezer Pizza Bombs. They are way better than any frozen pizza, hot pocket, bite, bagel, etc. that you can buy. They only took me a couple hours and I had probably 30-40 pizza bombs to freeze.
I used the homemade bread recipe at the bottom of this post for the pizza bomb dough and got creative with my pizza bomb toppings.
Pizza Bomb Toppings:
- BBQ Chicken: Cook chicken breasts in a a crock pot covered with your favorite BBQ Sauce. Shred chicken. I added the chicken, more BBQ Sauce and cheese. Onions would be a great addition here as well.
- Pepperoni: A classic. Pizza Sauce, Cheese, Pepperoni.
- Alfredo Chicken: Cook chicken in a crock pot with a tablespoon of butter and sprinkled with italian seasoning. Shred chicken. Fill bomb with alfredo sauce, chicken and cheese.
- Hawaiian: Canadian Bacon, pineapple, cheese and pizza sauce. Nice and Easy.
Visualize the process with me:
Get creative or build your own. Have the family make their own pizza bombs with whatever they like inside.
If you don’t have the pizza bomb maker, just fold the dough over the ingredients and pinch the ends together with a fork. Then cut off the excess with a pizza cutter.
Brush the pizza bomb tops with butter and sprinkle with italian seasoning or parmesan cheese.
Bake as directed. Cool and wrap in heavy duty aluminum foil. Make sure to mark which kinds are in each package and freeze.
To thaw remove from freezer and put in fridge for a few hours (at least four) then heat up in the microwave for a minute or heat through in the oven.
- Make sure all the edges of the pizza bomb are sealed or pinched together. If not your yummy toppings will come out the side.
- Keep your flavors separate. I struggled with this. I had them going different directions and with different seasonings on top. Mark with colored toothpicks or just do one flavor at a time.
- Trim the edges of your pizza bombs with a pizza cutter. It give a clean edge and will help you know if your edges are pinched together.
- You can defrost pizza bombs in the freezer for a minute, but I think they do better if they thaw for a few hours in the fridge.
- I like that this recipe tastes and is so much better for you than buying other pre-made alternatives at the store and it is way cheaper!!
Enjoy!!! I know I will. I love anything pizza related.
What other freezer meals do you make???
- 10 1/2 cups white unbleached bread flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 rounded tablespoons saf instant yeast
- 3 quarter-sized piles of lecithin squeeze in-don't measure
- 4 cups hot tap water
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add lecithin and water.
- Mix for 1 minute, then check dough.
- Add flour or water if necessary.
- Mix 5 minutes.
- Grease pans.
- Shape dough on greased counter and cover with dish towel.
- Raise 25 minutes (or about 15 minutes in warm oven).
- bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Whole wheat- same recipe, but add one cup of applesauce to replace one cup of hot tap water. Mix for ten minutes instead of five
Bread: Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes
Rolls: Bake at 350, 15-17 minutes
Pizza Pockets: Bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes
Braids: Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes
Pizza: Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes
Cinnamon Sticks: Bake at 350 12-15 minutes
Cinnamon Rolls: Bake at 350 for 17-19 minutes
I’m Emily, a mom and wife with a passion for crafting, celebrating holidays, and creating memorable moments. From Idaho to the world, The Benson Street is a treasure trove of easy, fun DIY projects, delightful printables, and delicious recipes. With over a decade of experience in blogging and a love for all things seasonal, I’m here to share my tips, ideas, and occasional mishaps. Join me in adding a dash of joy and creativity to every day! Read more…