Take a Christmas Decoration Scavenger Hunt Printable when you go out looking at Christmas lights this holiday season. It will be so much fun for the whole family as looking at Christmas lights together.
Looking for more awesome free Christmas printables? Don’t miss my Christmas Activity Placemat Printables. Plus, I’ve got Printable Christmas stories, and printable festive Christmas games like, What’s on Your Phone Christmas Edition, Santa Says, Christmas Scavenger Hunt, (and to purchase) a fun Name the Christmas songs game, and Christmas Don’t Eat Pete.
The holiday season is a time for joy, laughter, and festive decorations. If you’re looking to make your Christmas decorations even more exciting this year, we have just the thing for you – a Christmas light Scavenger Hunt Printable! This fun and interactive Christmas Lights scavenger hunt will not only add a touch of adventure to your holiday celebrations but also create lasting memories for everyone involved. A perfect way to enjoy a fun Christmas eve activity with younger and older kids.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Free Printable and Fun Christmas Activity
Engaging and Interactive: The Christmas Decoration Scavenger Hunt Printable is designed to get everyone involved in the holiday spirit. Whether you’re hosting a family gathering or a holiday party with friends, this game will keep everyone entertained and engaged and make for a fun activity to add to your holiday traditions.
Customizable and Versatile: One of the best things about this printable is its versatility. You can easily customize the scavenger hunt to suit your preferences and the age group of the participants. Whether you want to focus on indoor or outdoor decorations, or include specific themes or items, the possibilities are endless. Feel free to print out one check list for the entire family or give everyone their own copy of the free printable Christmas scavenger hunt.
Variations for Using the Printable:
Indoor Scavenger Hunt: If you’re hosting a Christmas party at home, set up the scavenger hunt indoors. Hide the printable clues around different rooms and let the participants search for them. You can also add additional challenges or riddles to make it more exciting.
Neighborhood Adventure: Take the scavenger hunt outdoors and explore your neighborhood’s outdoor Christmas decorations. Print of the list of clues/items or decorations to find, and let the participants check them off as they go. This is a great way to get to know your neighbors and spread holiday cheer.
Family Tradition: Print out a copy of the list of items for everyone in the family and drive through different neighborhoods. Allow everyone to search individually for the items and make sure each person has a pen or pencil to mark off the items.
Common Questions about Christmas Decoration Scavenger Hunt Printable:
Can I use this printable for a virtual scavenger hunt?
Yes, absolutely! You can easily adapt the Christmas Decoration Scavenger Hunt Printable for a virtual gathering. Instead of physically searching for the items, participants can share pictures or descriptions of the decorations they find.
How many participants can play this game?
The number of participants can vary depending on the size of your gathering or event. You can divide the participants into small group teams or have everyone play individually. Just make sure to have enough copies of the printable holiday scavenger hunts for everyone to participate.
Other Activities to Pair with This Game:
Don’t stop the holiday fun with only the free printable scavenger hunt, make this a full evening of a fun family activity.
- Gift Exchange games or white elephant gift exchange.
- Other christmas party games such as Christmas Bingo, Name that Carol, Santa Says printable card games, and more.
- Hot Cocoa Bar. Enjoy a cup of hot cocoa while enjoying this themed scavenger hunt.
- Opening Christmas gifts on Christmas Morning
- While listening to Christmas music.
- Decorating Christmas cookies.
How to Use the Printable:
- Download and Print: Start by downloading the Christmas Decoration Scavenger Hunt Printable from our website below and we will send it right to your inbox. Make sure to print enough copies for all the participants.
- Set the Rules: Before starting the game, explain the rules to the participants. Let them know what they need to find and any additional challenges or tasks they need to complete.
- Start the Hunt: Distribute the printable clues or lists to the participants and let the scavenger hunt begin! Encourage them to work together or compete against each other to find all the items on the list.
How to Play the Scavenger Hunt:
- Divide the participants into teams or let them play individually.
- Provide each team or participant with a copy of the Christmas Decoration Scavenger Hunt Printable.
- Set a time limit for the scavenger hunt.
- Participants must search for the items or decorations listed on the printable within the given time.
- The team or participant who finds the most items or completes the scavenger hunt first wins.
Don’t forget a fun small prize, it is a fun way to commemorate the winner or winning team. Here are a list of creative ideas you could give winners and increase the holiday spirit.
- gift cards
- card games
- jigsaw puzzle
- candy cane
- gingerbread house kit
- hot chocolate bombs
- Christmas candy
- puzzle game
- white elephant gifts
- non-candy treats
- snow globe
- basically any holiday items
Tips for Printing:
To make the most of the light displays Christmas scavenger hunt clues free printable Christmas game, follow these tips for printing and playing:
- Quality Printing: Ensure your printer is set to high-quality printing to enhance the readability of the game sheets.
- Sufficient Copies: Print enough copies for all participants, plus a few extras in case of unexpected guests.
- Lamination or Sheet Protectors: Consider laminating the game sheets or placing them in sheet protectors to make them reusable and more durable.
- Festive Prizes: Prepare small, festive prizes for the winners, such as holiday-themed treats or trinkets.
My favorite Printable Supplies:
Contains affiliate links for your convenience; learn more and see our full disclosure policy here.
- Printer: I love my HP home Printer, it prints beautifully everytime no matter what projects I am working on.
- Paper: Depending on the durability you want with your printables, consider printing on white card stock or high quality paper.
- Laminator: For printables you are planning to use over and over again, simply laminate and use dry erase markers to mark up the printables.
Download the printable here:
Please remember free printables are for personal use only.
The Christmas Decoration Scavenger Hunt Printable is a fantastic way to add excitement and adventure to your holiday celebrations throughout the Christmas season. Whether you’re hosting a family gathering, a holiday party, or simply want to have some fun with your family members, this game is sure to create unforgettable memories. Download the printable today and get ready for a festive and thrilling scavenger light hunt like no other! Merry Christmas!
More Christmas Ideas to Try this Christmas season for the entire family:
- Christmas Movies to Watch
- Inspiring Christmas Tree Decor ideas
- Scented Gingerbread Ornaments
- Christmas Printable Stories and Gift Ideas
- Name That Christmas Carol Game
- Inspiring Christmas Trees
- More Free Printables
Please Pin this post for later and follow along on Pinterest:
I’m Emily, a mom and wife with a passion for crafting, celebrating holidays, and creating memorable moments. From Idaho to the world, The Benson Street is a treasure trove of easy, fun DIY projects, delightful printables, and delicious recipes. With over a decade of experience in blogging and a love for all things seasonal, I’m here to share my tips, ideas, and occasional mishaps. Join me in adding a dash of joy and creativity to every day! Read more…