I am an official ambassador for Dole Fresh Fruits and Vegetables, Dole provided me with free salad and free banana coupons for the purpose of this post, as well as compensation for my time. As always, all opinions are 100% mine.
I love summer time! It is a great time to enjoy fresh fruits and veggies. I am excited to partner with Dole to share a fun fruity treat, banana split bites. Plus, a fun opportunity for fun with Get up and Grow with Dole!
What is Get up and Grow with Dole?? Dole and Blue Diamond Almond Breeze want to help people all over North America to have a fun and healthy summer. They are brining a wrapped van and trailer with kitchen and sampling tent that offers free recipe samples, a DIY smoothie bar, free giveaways for the kids, expert nutritional advice, plus create your own health and wellness pledge to be entered to win lots of fun and fancy prizes.
The tour is set to stop near me in the Boise area from August 29 to September 3! Don’t miss this fun event for everyone! Take the kids, your best bud, your man, etc.
Here are the locations, dates and times:
- Saturday, August 29 from 10am to 1pm: Rosauers at 2986 N. Eagle Rd., Meridian, ID 83649
- Saturday, August 29 from 3pm to 6pm: Pauls at 407 12th Ave. Rd., Nampa, ID 83686
- Sunday, August 30 from 10am to 1pm: Pauls at 10565 Lake Hazel, Boise, ID 83709
- Sunday, August 30 from 3pm to 6pm: Pauls at 700 E. Avalon, Kunda, ID 83634
- Monday, August 31 from 12pm to 3pm: Pauls at 425 N. 10th Ave., Caldwell, ID 83605
- Thursday, September 3 from 3pm to 6pm: Pauls at 10565 Lake Hazel, Boise, ID 83709
In celebration for this fun Get up and Grow tour, I’ve created a simple mini treat, banana split bites. Perfect to get a little bit of a sweet fix along with some fresh fruit.
Easy Banana Split Bites
- Whip Cream (I used a light whip cream)
- Dole Fresh Strawberries
- Dole Fresh Bananas
- Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Chocolate Syrup
- Optional: nuts, Dole Fresh Pineapple, etc.
- To make cute a square ice cream sandwich in fourths.
- Slice a banana and place a slice on top of each ice cream sandwich fourth.
- Slice two strawberries in half and place a half on top of each banana.
- Add a pineapple if you want.
- Top with whip cream and stick a skewer in the center of the stack.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup, nuts and anything else.
- Enjoy a perfectly portioned dessert.
I know sometimes we all just need a little treat. This is the easy way to have something sweet without letting it get out of control.
Add a little bit of washi tape to the skewer tops for a fun twist.
What is your favorite way to eat fresh fruit?
I’m Emily, a mom and wife with a passion for crafting, celebrating holidays, and creating memorable moments. From Idaho to the world, The Benson Street is a treasure trove of easy, fun DIY projects, delightful printables, and delicious recipes. With over a decade of experience in blogging and a love for all things seasonal, I’m here to share my tips, ideas, and occasional mishaps. Join me in adding a dash of joy and creativity to every day! Read more…