Ring in the new year with a delicious dessert, New Years Dessert Bites. These mini new year’s eve desserts are so much fun with a special addition of gold sprinkles on top.
As the New Year approaches, it’s time to indulge in some sweet treats to celebrate the occasion. One delightful option is New Year’s Eve Cake Bites, which are bite-sized desserts that are perfect for parties or intimate gatherings. These cake bites are made with Nilla wafers, orange juice, raspberry jam, and white melting chocolates, creating a delectable combination of flavors. Whether you’re hosting a New Year’s Eve party or simply want to enjoy a festive dessert, these cake bites are sure to impress.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love this Recipe:
There are several reasons why you’ll fall in love with these New Year’s Eve Dessert Bites. Firstly, they are incredibly easy to make, requiring only a handful of ingredients and minimal prep time. With just a few simple steps, you can create a stunning dessert that will impress your guests and satisfy their sweet cravings.
Secondly, the combination of Nilla wafers, raspberry jam, and white melting chocolates creates a harmonious blend of flavors that is both nostalgic and indulgent. The tanginess of the raspberry jam perfectly complements the sweetness of the Nilla wafers, while the smooth white chocolate adds a luxurious touch. Lastly, the festive sprinkles in gold, black, and silver colors add a touch of glamour and make these cake bites visually appealing, making them a perfect addition to any New Year’s Eve party to satisfy a sweet tooth. Be sure to add them to your New Year’s Eve dinner menu along with other finger foods!
You will need a few ingredients to make this decadent dessert!
- 36 Nilla Wafers
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Raspberry Jam or Preserve
- White Melting Chocolates
- NYE inspired sprinkles (colors such as gold, black, silver)
Here are the steps to make this easy dessert.
- On a wax paper-lined baking sheet, place 24 Nilla wafers flat side up. Brush each Nilla wafer with orange juice.
- Spread raspberry jam or preserve onto each prepared Nilla wafer.
- Take one of the prepared Nilla wafers and place it on top of another prepared Nilla wafer, round side down, creating 12 cake bites.
- Place one plain Nilla wafer round side down on top of the two prepared Nilla wafers, making 12 prepared cake bites three wafers tall.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Melt the white melting chocolates according to the directions on the bag.
- Dip one cake bite at a time into the melted chocolate, ensuring that the top and all sides are coated.
- Immediately return the cake bite to the wax paper and add sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.
- Refrigerate for another 30 minutes or until the chocolate has set.
Variations for other Mini Desserts:
While these new years eve dessert bites are perfect, you can mix them up to suit your preferences with these variations. Find the best way to enjoy this recipe according to your tastes.
Chocolate Lovers: Instead of using white melting chocolates, try using dark or milk chocolate for a richer flavor. Experiment with different types of melting chocolates, such as dark chocolate or milk chocolate, for a variety of tastes. You can also drizzle some melted chocolate on top of the cake bites for an extra decadent touch.
Nutty Delight: Add a crunchy element to your cake bites by sprinkling chopped nuts, such as almonds or hazelnuts, on top of the melted chocolate. The combination of textures will take these treats to the next level. Add crushed nuts or shredded coconut to the sprinkles for added texture and flavor.
Fruity Twist: Experiment with different flavors of jam or preserves to create unique combinations. Instead of raspberry jam, try using strawberry or blueberry jam for a different flavor profile.Strawberry, blueberry, or even apricot jam can add a burst of fruity goodness to your cake bites.
These New Year’s Eve Cake Bites can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, for the best taste and texture, it is recommended to enjoy them within 24-48 hours of making.
Places to Enjoy:
There are so many ways to enjoy these dessert bites. Here are a few ways to share thee best new year’s eve desserts with everyone you know.
New Year’s Eve parties: These cake bites are the perfect addition to any New Year’s Eve celebration. Serve them on a New Year’s Eve Dessert Board or arrange them in a decorative display for guests to enjoy throughout the night when they need small bites of something sweet to balance out the new year’s eve appetizers.
Family gatherings: Whether it’s a small family gathering or a larger get-together, these cake bites are a crowd-pleaser. They can be served as a dessert option or as a sweet treat during a New Year’s Day brunch or NYE party.
Office parties: Surprise your colleagues with a batch of this perfect new year’s eve dessert, especially if you have to work on New Year’s Eve. They are easy to transport and can be enjoyed by everyone in the office.
Other Holidays: Feel free to serve this beautiful dessert on any holiday. they are great for Valentine’s Day, or any other time when you need festive party desserts. Just switch up the colors of the sprinkles to match the occasion and add them to the dessert spread!
Common Questions about New Year’s Dessert Bites:
Can I make these cake bites ahead of time? Yes, you can prepare the cake bites in advance and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The sprinkles may not be as crunchy, but this is the better way to enjoy them if you are short on time than not at all.
Can I use different types of cookies instead of Nilla wafers? While Nilla wafers work best for this recipe, you can experiment with other types of cookies, such as shortbread or graham crackers. Just make sure they have a similar size and texture to achieve the desired result.
Can I use a different type of jam or preserve?
Absolutely! Feel free to use your favorite flavor of jam or preserve to customize these cake bites to your liking. Strawberry, blueberry, or even apricot would work well.
Can I freeze these cake dessert bites?
While it is possible to freeze these cake bites, the texture and appearance may be slightly affected. It is recommended to enjoy them fresh for the best taste and presentation.
Can I use different colors of sprinkles?
Absolutely! Get creative with your sprinkles and use colors that match your New Year’s Eve theme or personal preference. Gold, black, and silver sprinkles are popular choices for a festive touch.
New Years Dessert Bites
- 36 Nilla Wafers
- 2 Tbsp Orange Juice
- 1/4 C Raspberry Jam or Preserve White Melting Chocolates
- NYE inspired sprinkles: colors such as gold black, silver
- On a wax paper lined cooking sheet place 24 nilla wafers flat side up. Brush each nilla
- waffler with orange juice.
- Spread raspberry jam (or preserve) onto each prepared nilla wafer.
- Take one of the prepared nilla wafers and place it on top of another prepared nilla
- wafers, round side down. Making 12 cake bites.
- Then place one plain nilla wafer round side down on top of the two prepared nilla wafers.
- Making 12 prepared cake bites three wafers tall.
- Place in the refrigerator for 6 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Melt chocolates according to directions on the bag.
- Dip one cake bite at a time into the melted chocolate. Make sure to coat the top and all
- the sides.
- Immediately return to the wax paper and add sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.
- Refrigerate for another 30 minutes or until chocolate has set.
In conclusion, these New Year’s Eve Cake Bites are a delightful and easy-to-make dessert option for your New Year’s celebrations. With their combination of flavors, rich chocolate and festive appearance, they are sure to impress your guests and leave them wanting more. Whether you’re hosting a party or simply enjoying a cozy night in, these cake bites are a great way to celebrate and to ring in the New Year. Happy New Year and good luck this coming year.
More delicious desserts to try:
Please Pin this post for later and follow along on Pinterest:
I’m Emily, a mom and wife with a passion for crafting, celebrating holidays, and creating memorable moments. From Idaho to the world, The Benson Street is a treasure trove of easy, fun DIY projects, delightful printables, and delicious recipes. With over a decade of experience in blogging and a love for all things seasonal, I’m here to share my tips, ideas, and occasional mishaps. Join me in adding a dash of joy and creativity to every day! Read more…