Hello my Halloween loving friends. My good friend Allison from Cupcake Diaries loves to put on a fun 30 Days of Halloween. I’ve decided to participate again this year! Halloween is a really fun holiday especially for kids! I’ve got a great idea to get the kids in the kitchen with you, Spooky Halloween Bark!
Spooky Halloween Bark
- 1 bag of small white chocolate melting wafers
- 1 bottle of eye candy sprinkles (find at a craft store)
- purple sixlets
- any other creepy candies
- orange food coloring (or mix red and yellow)
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Melt white chocolate wafers in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir with a spoon. Melt for another 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Mix in food coloring until you get a nice bright orange color.
- Spread the chocolate on the cookie sheet into about 1/2″ thick layer.
- Sprinkle candy eyes, sixlets and any other candies onto the chocolate.
- Press the candies in so they will stay after the chocolate sets up.
- Freeze for an hour until set up.
- Use a knife to break the bark into pieces.
- Enjoy with the kids!
I love how cute the bark turned out. Like little halloween monsters. With eyes and a purple nose. The kids are sure to love helping make this fun treat.
What are your favorite halloween treats?
Check out the other Halloween recipes and printables here:
[…] here to get this Halloween […]