I could eat muffins almost everyday for breakfast. I love all kinds, but in the fall I love to eat apple cinnamon streusel muffins. These yummy muffins are great in the fall (or any other season as well). Apple and cinnamon were made for each other. Is it only me who loves this flavor combination? Any who, let’s get baking.
Muffins with streusel toppings are especially yummy. Don’t you agree? the oats, cinnamon and more mix together to make the streusel perfect.
The apples mixed with the yogurt give these muffins a moist texture. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even dessert. I got the apples from a friend’s tree and they are superb. No matter where you get the apples, they will taste amazing in this muffin recipe.
What are your favorite types of muffins?
Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt with honey or just plain or vanilla would work too
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of fresh apple cut in small chunks
- 1 cup of cinnamon chips
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 a cup of melted butter 1/2 a stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line regular muffin tin with liners or grease well.
- Make the streusel in a small bowl by whisking together flour, sugar, oats and cinnamon. Add melted butter and stir with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
- Mix muffins in a large bowl by stirring together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix egg and sugar until combined. Add in yogurt, oil and vanilla.
- Fold wet mixture into dry ingredients and mix together by hand.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Cover the batter with the apples and the add streusel topping.
- Place in the oven and reduce heat to 375 degrees F. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean in the center of a muffin.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
See more of my love for Apples: