This Santa Says Printable game is perfect for the whole family. This fun game is just like Simon Says but with a Christmas time twist!
Looking for more awesome free printables for Christmas? I’ve got Printable Christmas stories, and printable festive games like, What’s on Your Phone Christmas Edition, (and to purchase) a fun Name the Christmas songs game, and Christmas Don’t Eat Pete.
Unwrap the joy of the festive season with the Santa Says Printable Game, a delightful and interactive activity that adds a touch of merriment to your Christmas celebrations. This fun Christmas game, inspired by the classic “Simon Says,” puts a holiday twist on a timeless favorite, making it perfect for family gatherings, holiday parties, and virtual celebrations.
Santa Says, a festive twist on the classic game of Simon Says, adds a jolly and entertaining element to Christmas parties. In this holiday rendition, Santa takes on the role of the leader, giving commands that participants must follow only when prefixed with “Santa says.” This delightful game not only brings laughter but also encourages active participation and camaraderie among partygoers.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Free Printable:
Dive into the spirit of Christmas with the Santa Says free printable Christmas Game. First and foremost, it brings together the joy of the holiday season and the timeless fun of a classic game. The whimsical prompts and Santa-themed instructions make it a perfect fit for all ages. Whether you’re entertaining children at a family gathering or engaging friends at a festive party around the Christmas tree, this game ensures that laughter and holiday cheer fill the air.
Furthermore, the Santa Says Printable Game requires minimal preparation, making it a hassle-free addition to your holiday festivities. The simplicity of the game ensures that everyone can participate, regardless of age or gaming experience. Add a dash of holiday magic to your celebrations with a game that promotes laughter, camaraderie, and a jolly good time for all. Santa Says is a great way to break the ice at holiday parties with a simple game. Use this version to get party guests warmed up.
Where to Play this fun printable Christmas Game:
This fun santa says game can be played just about anywhere you would play holiday party games, but here are some ideas to spread the holiday spirit with a fun spin on Simon Says:
- Christmas parties
- Family gatherings
- Office parties
- Classroom parties
- Church parties
Directions for Santa Says using the Rules for Simon Says:
Playing Santa Says is a cheerful and engaging experience. Follow these directions, adapting the classic rules for Simon Says to fit the festive holiday version of this game:
- Designate Santa: Choose one participant to be Santa Claus. The first player will give commands preceded by the phrase “Santa says.”
- Give Commands: Santa issues commands, such as “Santa says hop on one foot” or “Santa says wave like a reindeer.” Utilize the card prompts and mix in your own commands.
- Follow or Wait: The objective of the game is to follow the instructions of Santa. Participants must only follow commands that begin with “Santa says.” If Santa gives a command without saying “Santa says,” participants must refrain from following.
- Elimination: Participants who mistakenly follow a command without “Santa says” are eliminated. The last person remaining is the winner of the holiday fun for this game.
- Rotate Santa: After each round, rotate the role of Santa to keep the game dynamic and engaging. Continue to rotate until the last player has a turn to be Santa or when your time limit runs out.
Common Questions about Santa Says Printable Game:
- Is this game suitable for young children? Absolutely! The Santa Says Printable Game is designed to be family-friendly and can be tailored to suit the age range of your participants.
- Can I customize the prompts to fit a specific theme? Yes, the flexibility of this printable game allows you to modify or add prompts to align with the theme of your Christmas celebration.
- How long does a typical game session last? The duration of the game depends on your preferences and the energy level of your group. You can set a time limit for each round or continue playing until everyone has had a chance to be Santa or all card prompts have been used.
- Can Large Groups Play the game? Yes, this game can be played with an unlimited amount of party guests. If you are worried about groups being to large, split into a couple of groups and distribute two copies of the printable holiday game.
- How to play with younger kids? If playing with a large group of younger children, it might be best to have an adult helper with the designated Santa to read the cards.
Variations for Using the Printable Game:
There are a couple of different ways to enjoy this game and make it so much fun!
- While the basic Santa Says game is already a hit, consider introducing variations to keep the fun flowing. For a family-friendly competition, create a “Santa’s Little Helper Challenge” where participants take turns being the designated “Santa” and give instructions to the others making up their own prompts after utilizing the printable prompts on the cards. The person with the most creative and entertaining commands could earn a small festive prize.
- To adapt the game for virtual celebrations, use video conferencing tools and have participants follow Santa’s commands on-screen. This adds a modern twist to the game and allows friends and family to connect even when miles apart.
- Variations of Santa Says can include incorporating Christmas trivia questions into the commands. Participants must not only execute the physical action but also answer a holiday-related question correctly to stay in the game. This not only entertains but also educates, making the game both fun and informative.
- For a more interactive experience, consider turning Santa Says into a team-based activity. Divide the party attendees into groups, and have each team take turns acting out commands. The team with the most successful executions and correct responses wins a Christmas-themed prize, fostering friendly competition and teamwork.
- To cater to all age groups, adapt the difficulty level of commands. For younger participants, stick to simple actions like “Santa says, touch your nose,” while challenging older participants with more intricate tasks such as “Santa says, perform a dance move from your favorite holiday song.” This ensures that everyone, regardless of age, can join in the festive fun.
- Lastly, consider incorporating props or accessories to make Santa Says even more entertaining. Provide Santa hats, elf ears, or other holiday-themed items that participants must wear while following commands. This adds a visual and humorous element to the game, creating lasting memories and a joyful atmosphere at the Christmas party.
More Ways to Use Santa Says Prompt Cards
Alternatively you can use these cards in other ways and other places than Christmas parties.
Classroom game: Teachers can use Simon Says prompt cards as a fun game in the classroom. Students can take turns being the “Santa” and use the prompt cards to give instructions to their classmates. This helps improve listening skills and promotes following directions.
Family game night: Incorporate Simon Says prompt cards into your family game night. Take turns being the “Santa” and use the prompt cards to give instructions to family members. This can be a fun and interactive way to spend quality time together.
Team-building activity: Use Santa Says prompt cards as a team-building activity in a corporate or group setting. Divide participants into teams and have each team take turns being the “Simon.” The prompt cards can be used to give instructions that require teamwork and collaboration.
Physical education class: Physical education teachers can use Simon Says prompt cards to add variety to their classes. Students can take turns being the “Simon” and use the prompt cards to give instructions for different physical activities or exercises.
Remember, these are just a few examples, and you can get creative with how you use Santa Says prompt cards. The possibilities are endless!
How to Use the free printable game:
Getting started with the Santa Says Printable Game is easy. Follow these tips for printing and playing:
- Download and Print: Download the printable game sheets and print them on standard letter-sized paper. Ensure your printer is set to high-quality printing for optimal clarity.
- Laminate for Durability: Consider laminating the sheets or placing them in sheet protectors to make them reusable for future holiday gatherings.
- Gather Participants: Invite friends and family to join in the fun. The more, the merrier!
- Create a Festive Atmosphere: Set the mood with holiday decorations, background music, and perhaps some Santa hats to enhance the overall experience.
Other Activities to Pair with This Game:
- Gift Exchange games or white elephant gift exchange.
- Other christmas party games such as Christmas Bingo, Christmas Scavenger hunts, printable card games, and more.
- Hot Cocoa Bar
- Opening Christmas gifts
My favorite Printable Supplies:
Contains affiliate links for your convenience; learn more and see our full disclosure policy here.
- Printer: I love my HP home Printer, it prints beautifully everytime no matter what projects I am working on.
- Paper: Depending on the durability you want with your printables, consider printing on card stock or high quality paper.
- Laminator: For printables you are planning to use over and over again, simply laminate and use dry erase markers to mark up the printables.
Bring the magic of Christmas to life with the Santa Says Printable Game while enjoying a cup of hot cocoa and enjoying other christmas party activities.. Download the Santa Says printable game below to access this free and festive activity that promises to add joy and laughter to your holiday celebrations. Enjoy this great game as a fun way for family members to enjoy an easy game for younger and older kids alike. May your Christmas be filled with fun, games, and the spirit of Santa! Merry Christmas!
Download the printable here
More Christmas Ideas to Try this Christmas season for the entire family:
- Christmas Movies to Watch
- Inspiring Christmas Tree Decor ideas
- Scented Gingerbread Ornaments
- Christmas Printable Stories and Gift Ideas
- Name That Christmas Carol Game
- Inspiring Christmas Trees
- More Free Printables
Please Pin this post for later and follow along on Pinterest:
I’m Emily, a mom and wife with a passion for crafting, celebrating holidays, and creating memorable moments. From Idaho to the world, The Benson Street is a treasure trove of easy, fun DIY projects, delightful printables, and delicious recipes. With over a decade of experience in blogging and a love for all things seasonal, I’m here to share my tips, ideas, and occasional mishaps. Join me in adding a dash of joy and creativity to every day! Read more…