A list of my favorite young adult books and series that I have read. I’ve compiled a list of the books I loved to read the first time and could read again.
Many of these books are my all time favorites. There are a few of the series that I’ve only been able to read the first one, but need to read the following books in the series. Not because I didn’t like the series, but because I haven’t bought or borrowed the books.
I love young adult fiction, especially fantasy or dystopian novels. I have tried to branch out in the last couple of years, but my heart comes back to these stories and characters. I recently found a few series that I’ve really enjoyed. Another great thing is that most of these series are completely published, so no waiting for the next book for months ?. And for the most part they are fairly clean. I’ll mark a couple with stars* that have a little more language or sex. I personally can handle some minor language, and prefer to steer clear of stronger language and profanity. And I’ll put a carrot^ by the series I haven’t finished.
If you want to follow along with what I am reading right now, hang out with me on Instagram. I share what am reading, reviews, and other book news in my stories, and feed.
My Favorite Young Adult Books and Series
- The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
- The Giver Quartet by Lois Lowry
- The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
- Ash Princess, Lady Smoke, and Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy) by Laura Sebastian
- The Selection, The Elite, The One, The Heir, The Crown (The Selection Series) by Kiera Cass
- The Betrothed by Kiera Cass (reading this one right now and not sure if it will be a series or not)
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
- Renegades, Archenemies, and Supernova (Renegades Trilogy) by Marissa Meyer
- Everless and Evermore by Sara Holland
- Entwined by Heather Dixon
- Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth
- The Glittering Court, Midnight Jewel, and Emerald Isle (The Glittering Court Series) by Richelle Mead*
- The Blood Spell by C.J. Redwine
- The Red Queen Series by Victoria Aveyard*
- The Bear and the Nightingale, The Girl in the Tower, and The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy) by Kathrine Arden^
- The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine
- The Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets, and Forest Born (Books of Bayern Series) by Shannon Hale
- Princess Academy and Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer
- The Host by Stephanie Meyer
- Girl in the Blue Coat by Monica Hesse
- Love and Luck by Jenna Evans Welch
- City of a Thousand Dolls and Empire of Shadows by Miriam Forester
- Eyes Like Stars, Perchance to Dream, and So Silver Bright (Theatre Illuminata series) by Lisa Mantchev^
- The Princess Diaries, plus 10 more in the series (Princess Diaries Series) by Meg Cabot
- Defy, Ignite, and Endure (Defy Series) by Sara B. Larson
- Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie
- Wings, Spells, Illusions, Destined, and Arabesque (Wings Series) by Aprilynne Pike^
I'd love to hear your ideas!