A filling, easy, and delicious dinner recipe for slow cooker white chicken chili. Full of lots of nutritious veggies, beans, and more.
Looking for a different soup recipe? In a hurry try Bacon Cheeseburger Chowder or 30 Minute Chicken and Rice Soup.
I’m not going to lie, I like my instant pot, but there is still something so great about the slow cooker. I love the set it and forget it option in the morning. It works well for cooking large amounts of food, and great for soups and chilis because it can keep them warm until you are ready to serve.
My mom has taken two different recipes and mashed them together and added her own touch to create this delicious slow cooker white chicken chili recipe that she shared with me, so I could share it with you. And another great option is that you can customize it to fit your family.
This recipe calls for a variety of beans: butter beans, great northern beans. But if you want to mix it up add your favorite type of beans, keeping it to four cans of beans total.
To make this recipe you add most of the ingredients to your slow cooker except the beans, corn, and cheese. When the chicken is cooked, shred the chicken and add the beans, corn, and cheese and cook for another half an hour.
Recipe and Instructions
This recipe is simple, but so delicious. Spice it up even more with a variety of toppings. Serve with tortilla chips, a salad, or rolls as a side.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro or use 1 bunch of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayanne pepper
- 2 cans butter beans
- 2 cans great northern beans
- 1 can white shoe peg corn 1 can of regular corn can be used instead
- 8 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
- Add all ingredients except the beans, corn, and cheese in a crockpot.
- Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken and shred. Return to slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for an addional 30 minutes or until warmed through.
Looking for other recipes to make with this? Make a chili cheese dip to go with chips. Make something delicious for dessert with these magic cookie bars, or some fruity rice crispy treats.
Pin this recipe for later:
I'd love to hear your ideas!