Don’t hate me for this, but I do not love hamburgers or cheeseburgers of any kind. I actually can’t even remember the last time I had one. Weird I know. I like somethings with hamburger in them, like tacos, shepherd’s pie and this bacon cheeseburger chowder. It is filling, warm and perfect for a cool night. It is a fairly simple dish that comes together pretty quick.
Adding crumbled bacon to this soup makes it top notch. If you love bacon (I won’t judge you if you don’t), then it makes this soup delightful! I mean really it’s soo yummy. Cheese, bacon, potatoes, this is surely a filling soup. My Mr. doesn’t quite love soups, but this is a hearty filling one that he loves.
Bacon Cheeseburger Chowder
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of hamburger
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 to 3 celery stalks
- 4 to 6 cups of water
- 8 to 10 potatoes, peeled and cubed (or use frozen if that is easier)
- 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 pound of cheddar cheese, grated
- crumbled bacon
- Brown hamburger, onion and celery.
- Boil water, bouillon and cubed potatoes 20 to 30 minutes, until potatoes are cooked. The water will reduce and soup will thicken.
- Add hamburger picture to potatoes.
- Blend milk and flour and add to soup.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Garnish with bacon and additional cheese.
Enjoy! What are your favorite soups?
Crystal @HelloCreativeFamily says
Oh my goodness! This has my mouth WATERING! It looks so good Emily! Pinned and stumbled. Can’t wait to try this recipe!
marissa | rae gun ramblings says
that sounds delicious!