This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReadySetSnack #CollectiveBias
Isn’t it nice to have back to school time in full swing? It might be rough packing lunches, getting homework done and getting children back on a regular schedule, but the whole getting back on a schedule is amazing! I am really loving it. With that schedule comes some more time for creativity. Especially in packing school lunches. Creativity might sound scary, because it sounds like it will take a lot of effort. It doesn’t have to. Let me show you an easy way to spice up school lunches using Hershey’s Ready to Eat Pudding to create sports themed pudding cups.
I got the idea as I was at my
weekly almost daily trip to Walmart. I saw the s’mores flavor and couldn’t help myself. Plus, the September/October issue of ALL YOU Magazine has a $0.55 off coupon for Hershey’s Ready to Eat Pudding! So try it without having to pay full price. The cups are just perfect to highlight some fun sports like baseball, basketball, soccer and tennis.
Don’t they look just delicious. They are such a creamy fun treat. Perfect snack for after school, parties or as part of a lunch packed for school.
What you will need:
- Hershey’s Ready to Eat Pudding (two flavors available: chocolate and s’mores)
- Cardstock Paper (color depending on which ball you are making)
- Markers (colors depending on which ball you are making)
- Pen or Pencil
- Double-sided tape
Baseball Pudding Cup
Let’s start with the baseball! It could easily be made into a softball using a yellow-green color for the paper instead of white.
- Trace the top of the pudding cup with a pen on white paper.
- Cut the circle out.
- Grab a red marker to make the stitches.
- Turn the pudding cup upside down and trace a moon or “C” shape on each side of the ball. Then add “V”‘s for the stitching.
- Use a piece of tape to stick the baseball to the top of the pudding cup.
Basketball Pudding Cup
Maybe basketball is more your child’s sport. Try this cute basketball instead.
- Grab an orange piece of paper (bonus points if you use a textured paper).
- Trace the top of the pudding cup.
- Cut out the ball.
- Trace another piece of paper with a black marker to make a line in the middle.
- Trace another straight line perpendicular to the first line.
- Use the pudding cup to trace a backward “C” on the left of the ball.
- Use the pudding cup to trace a “C” on the right of the ball.
- Place a piece of tape on the pudding cup.
- Finish by topping the pudding cup with the basketball.
Tennis Pudding Cup
For a super easy sports themed pudding cup try a tennis ball.
- Use a light green-yellow paper and trace the top of the pudding cup with a pen.
- Cut out the ball.
- Use the top of the pudding cup to trace a “C” shape on the right,
- And a backward “C” on the left with a gray marker.
- Finish it up by taping the ball to the top of the pudding cup.
Soccer Ball Pudding Cup
The most difficult ball is the soccer ball, but it can be done with a bit of practice.
- Trace the pudding cup on white paper.
- Cut out the ball.
- Follow these instructions (these instructions make it so easy) to draw a soccer ball with a black marker.
- Tape the ball on top using tape and you are done!
How cute are these fun sports snack ideas for school lunches using Hershey’s Pudding Cups!
What a fun way to add some flair to a school lunch and get kids excited for lunch and sports.
The great thing about these pudding cups are you can create any sport that uses a round ball. Like a volleyball, golf ball, etc. Customize them to fit your child.
Don’t you love an easy way to jazz up something special for the kids. Not only are they great for school lunches, they would work great at birthday parties or as an effortless after school snack.
Do your kids love when you do something special in their lunch?
Find more fun ideas from Kraft Foods by following along on Facebook and Twitter.
What a great idea! I have not tried the Smores pudding, but I will look for it at Walmart now! YUM! And the sports decoration is too cute! #client