Can you believe it is already been a whole week of cookies for Santa? I’ve got one last recipe to share with you. It is actually a variation on the Old Fashion Sugar Cookie recipe from a couple days ago. Instead of frosting the cookies use jam to create delicious and pretty jam sandwich sugar cookies. They are prefect for holidays because they look so pretty.
If you are planning a fancy Christmas party these are the perfect cookies to serve. Sometimes cookies seem like a kids food, but not when they are presented like this. Cut out equal amounts of the same shapes and cut out a small heart, circle, etc. in half of the large cookies. Then insert jam in the middle like a sandwich and top with powdered sugar for a beautiful presentation.
What are your fancy go to cookie recipes?
Jam Sandwich Sugar Cookies
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- raspberry jam
- powdered sugar
- Mix well margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Chill dough at least one hour.
- Roll out dough on floured surface and cut out with cookie cutters.
- Cut out an equal number of bottoms and tops with a heart or other shape cut out.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges just begin to brown.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on the top cookies with the cutout shape.
- Frost the bottom cookie with jam and top with a cutout top cookie.
- Allow to set up for a few minutes before serving.
I'd love to hear your ideas!