July is a fun month! I love fireworks, BBQ’s, Camping (sort of) and the best of all the Mr. and I’s anniversary. Lots of fun happening things going on. I love the 4th and everything Red, White, & Blue! So much in love that I’ve teamed up with 110 other bloggers (Thanks to Abbey from The Cards we Drew). That’s not a typo! This is amazing. Seriously, 110 Red, White, & Blue ideas all right here (at the end of the post). I’m always the girl to bring something sweet to a BBQ. Whether it is a Cookie Salad or Red, White, & Blue Ice Cream Sandwiches.
Ice cream sandwiches are a perfect cool treat to celebrate the fourth. Better yet they can come dressed for the occasion! A little effort goes a long way with this simple homemade ice cream sandwich recipe. It seems hard, but you will never want to buy ice cream sandwiches again after you taste these.
Adding sprinkles to a white cake mix transforms the cookies into patriotic funfetti. Yummy!
How do you celebrate the fourth of July? Are you in love with Red, White, and Blue now?
Get the recipe here and all the other great Red, White, and Blue Ideas below!
- 1 White/Vanilla cake mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- Red, White and Blue Sprinkles
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- Red Food Coloring
- Blue Food Coloring
- Mix first four ingredients in a medium mixing bowl
- Split dough
- Color half of the dough red and half blue
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 7 to 8 minutes at 375 degrees
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes
- Soften ice cream on counter for 5 to 10 minutes
- Pair cookies with similar sized and shaped cookies (one red and one blue)
- Scoop one scoop of ice cream on a cookie followed by the matching cookie
- Wrap cookies with plastic wrap and freeze for a 4 to 5 hours before serving
If you loved this idea, then you will love these:
Plus here are 110 other great Red, White & Blue ideas from lots of fabulous blogers!