When I was in middle school I helped a neighbor out with her newborn twins. I learned a lot during this time. I did laundry, dishes, changed diapers, and played with the babies. It was a lot of fun and I even got to accompany the family to California for vacation. This was the first time I learned what Black Forest desserts were. I remember eating at Ruby’s on the pier at Huntington Beach. I ordered a black forest milkshake. Yum! I love chocolate. I love cherries. I love whip cream. I was inspired by that milkshake to create these equally delicious black forest popsicles.
It is starting to get warmer finally. In the summer I love cold treats. Popsicles are a fun at home treat. There are so many flavor combinations. Create what sounds good to you.
The great thing about these Black Forest Popsicles, is they bring together lots of delicious flavors. They are almost like having a cherry cordial chocolate, but better.
What is your favorite cool sweet treat?
If you love this recipe follow me on Pinterest for lots of great ideas.
- one small instant pudding mix
- milk needed to make the pudding mix
- can of cherry pie filling
- 3/4 cup cool whip (thawed)
- Mix pudding mix according to package instructions.
- Mix half a can of cherry pie filling with cool whip.
- Fill each popsicle mold half way with pie filling mixture.
- Top off the mold with chocolate pudding.
- Insert popsicle stick.
- Freeze for at least five hours or overnight.
- Run molds under warm water for 15 seconds to loosen popsicle molds.
Like this recipe? Try these ones too:
Oatmeal Fudge Cookies