Great dice game to celebrate Valentine’s Day with this Valentines roll and cover printable. It is a fun way to work on number recognition and fine motor skills for kids of all ages.
More Valentine printables fun and free printable Valentine’s Day games: Valentine Crayon Cards, Valentine Color by Number Pages, Valentine Activity Placemats, Valentine Word Search, Valentine’s Day Don’t Eat Pete, Printable Minion Valentine Idea, and Star Wars Valentines Printables.
As Valentine’s Day approaches, the air is filled with love and excitement. To add a sprinkle of festive fun to your celebrations, I can’t wait to share this the Valentine’s Roll and Cover Printable – a delightful dice game that promises joy, laughter, and a touch of friendly competition. This free printable is not just a fun game; it’s a heartwarming activity that brings people together for memorable moments. Plus, younger and older children can play the game for a great way to bond and celebrate the holiday.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Free Printable:
Our Valentines Roll and Cover Printable is the perfect blend of entertainment and creativity. Crafted with charming Valentine’s symbols, it captures the essence of the season in a simple yet engaging game format. This printable is designed for all ages, making it a fantastic option for so much fun at family game nights, as a classroom activities, or a cozy evening with friends.
Moreover, it offers a screen-free alternative to traditional games, encouraging face-to-face interaction and bonding. The vibrant symbols and the element of chance make every round exciting, ensuring that each roll of the dice brings a new opportunity for laughter and connection.
How to Play Valentines Roll and Cover Dice Game:
Playing the Valentine’s Roll and Cover game is as easy as spreading love! Here’s a quick guide, plus instructions are included on the printable itself:
- Roll the Dice: Take turns rolling the dice.
- Mark the Symbol: Match the rolled number with the corresponding symbol on the grid.
- Use Candy to Cover: Mark off the symbol on the grid with a candy or other marker.
- Take turns: Each player will take a turn to roll the dice. After the first player completes their turn then the next player will roll.
- Winning Row: The first to complete a row (horizontal, vertical, or diagonal) wins the game!
This simple yet engaging gameplay makes it accessible for players of all ages, fostering a sense of friendly competition and a little bit of excitement. A perfect way to enjoy some Valentine fun. Younger children will be able to learn so much with this free Valentine’s day game.
Variations for Using the Valentine’s Roll and Cover Printable:
Inject even more fun into your game nights with these different ideas for how to play this fun Valentine’s Day game:
- Team Play: Divide into teams and play a cooperative version of the game. Each team takes turns rolling the dice and collectively decides which symbol to cover. This encourages teamwork and collaboration.
- Speed Round: Set a timer and see who can cover the most symbols within a certain time limit. This adds a sense of urgency and competition to the game. An alternate version would be to use a pair of dice and cover one symbol for each number rolled.
- Creative Challenges: Introduce challenges for each symbol, like telling a love-themed joke or sharing a favorite Valentine’s memory before marking off the grid.
Common Questions about Valentine’s Roll and Cover Printable:
Can I laminate the printable for reuse?
Yes, laminating the sheet allows for multiple uses with dry-erase markers or removable stickers.
Is this game suitable for young children?
Absolutely! The simple rules and charming symbols make it a perfect game for little kids to enjoy.
Can I use other markers instead of candy?
Absolutely! While candy markers add a sweet touch to the game, you can use any small objects as markers, such as buttons, coins, game pieces, or even stickers.
How to use the Printable:
Follow these tips and tricks for printing and playing this game with a Valentine’s Day theme!
- Download and Print: Download the printable roll and cover game board (download link below sent directly to your email address) and print them on standard letter-sized paper. Ensure your printer is set to high-quality printing for optimal clarity. I suggest using the full color version over black and white, but blak and white will work too.
- Laminate for Durability: Consider laminating the printable game boards to make them reusable for future holiday gatherings. This greatly improves the durability of these game boards.
- Gather Participants: Invite friends and family to join in the fun. The more, the merrier!
- Create a Festive Atmosphere: Set the mood with holiday decorations, background music, and even wear Valentine themed clothes to enhance the overall experience with this easy Valentine’s Day game.
Ideas for Ways to Use the Printable:
- Valentine’s Game Night: Make it a centerpiece for a themed game night with friends.
- Classroom Party Game: Teachers can use it as a fun roll and cover game that doubles as an educational Valentine’s Day activity perfect for early math skills and celebrating February 14th.
- Valentine’s Day Math Fun: Use this as an independent work activity. Allow participants to each have a die, a themed game board, and markers. Then let everyone enjoy the playful learning game individually for a simple valentine math activity for younger grades.
- Family Bonding: Enjoy a cozy evening with family, complete with sweet treats and the Roll and Cover game as part of your valentine activities.
- Virtual Celebrations: Host a virtual Valentine’s Day Parties with friends that aren’t close. Share the printable digitally with the link to this blog post for virtual gatherings, connecting with loved ones near and far. Grab a set of dice and play at the same time over zoom.
Here are a few ideas for ways to increase the fun with this simple game by having small prizes for the winners!
- Candy Conversation Hearts
- Valentine Chocolates
- Candy Hearts
- Valentine Socks
- Mini Erasers (Valentine themed of course)
- Valentine Cupcakes
Ideas to pair with this activity:
If you want to make this a full on Valentine’s Day party, I have other fun ideas to help you round out the party. Check out this list of other fun Valentine’s Activities to pair with this holiday game.
- Decorate Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookies
- Make Valentine Chocolates – I love These Cherry-O-Lets or Chocolate Covered Raspberries
- Movie Night – Pick a Romantic Movie for Valentine’s Day
- Make Homemade Valentine Cards
- Prepare a fancy dinner
- Play other Valentine’s Themed Games like Valentine 5 Second Game or Valentine Charades
My favorite Printable Supplies:
Contains affiliate links for your convenience; learn more and see our full disclosure policy here.
- Printer: I love my HP home Printer, it prints beautifully everytime no matter what projects I am working on.
- Paper: Depending on the durability you want with your printables, consider printing on white card stock or high quality paper.
- Laminator: For printables you are planning to use over and over again, simply laminate and use dry erase markers to mark up the printables.
- Paper Cutter: I love my CARL Paper Cutter. It makes trimming and cutting out printables a breeze.
Download the Valentine Roll And Cover Mats here:
Please remember my printables are free for personal use only and classroom use, but you may not sell my printables.
Our Valentine’s Roll and Cover Printable is more than just a game; it’s a catalyst for love and laughter. Download, print, and let the Valentine’s Day festivities roll in! Happy Valentine’s Day!
More Fun Valentine’s Day Ideas and extra bonus points if you pair this game with one of them:
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Tags, Flags, and Cute Cards
- Valentine Rice Crispies
- Valentine Dessert Plate
- Valentine Jelly Roll Dessert
- Romantic Movies for Valentine’s Day
- Black Forest Jar Cakes
- ALL of my Valentine Ideas
Please pin this post for later and follow along on Pinterest:
I’m Emily, a mom and wife with a passion for crafting, celebrating holidays, and creating memorable moments. From Idaho to the world, The Benson Street is a treasure trove of easy, fun DIY projects, delightful printables, and delicious recipes. With over a decade of experience in blogging and a love for all things seasonal, I’m here to share my tips, ideas, and occasional mishaps. Join me in adding a dash of joy and creativity to every day! Read more…