Have fun decorating these cute and easy Valentine rice crispy treats by yourself or as a great activity with the kids. A great valentine gift idea.
It has been a snow day week! We’ve had three in a row, which means we’ve had to keep busy at home instead of on the go. Whether we are on the go or at home, I like to have some sort of activities planned to help break up our day. Like these cute Valentine rice crispy treats. I’ve never been huge on the whole mushy Valentine’s Day stuff, but I am a sucker for heart-shapes, the candy, and the color schemes. It’s all just cute and fun!
And if your read my frozen chocolate covered raspberry post yesterday, you will know I find dipping things in chocolate soothing. So of course I had to dip and drizzle these bad boys with some. Read all of my chocolate dipping tips here.
I used the recipe I shared for copycat Disneyland Fruity Rice Crispy Treats, to make these buy instead I used all Rice Krispy cereal, instead of half Fruity Pebbles. It would be delicious either way. Then after they set up, I cut out the heart shapes using cookie cutters. Soo simple, but so fun. And using different sizes is fun too. I loved the little ones dipped in the white chocolate, but if milk chocolate is more your thing, do it!
And don’t forget to add a bit of flair with some valentine sprinkles. I love that Walmart always seems to carry the cutest variety of holiday sprinkles in their holiday aisles.
And lastly let me share my rice crispy chocolate dipping tips!
Rice Crispy Chocolate Dipping Tips
- Cut through the rice crispy treats all the way with the cookie cutter. I usually push down, push down again, and make sure I get to the bottom. Then I shuffle the cookie cutter around to make sure it is cut completely through.
- Before dipping in chocolate, squish in any straggling bits of cereal around the edges to ensure the shape stays defined, or cut off with a knife.
- Drop the treats in bottom side first, It doesn’t matter which side you want to be the bottom, just decide if the top looks better, or if the bottom does, then drop it in, spoon chocolate over the treat, then lift out with a fork. So the bottom should be touching the fork. Let excess chocolate drip off, and then even slide the fork on the side of the bowl and the slide the treat off of the fork onto wax or parchment paper.
- Add sprinkles while chocolate is still warm and not set up.
- Drizzles or only partially dipping rice crispy treats into the chocolate is also cute!
More fun valentine ideas to try:
Pin this idea for later:
I'd love to hear your ideas!