This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Holmes Products for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
I enjoy the winter time, I really do. Except for one big thing, less humidity in the air. There are many reasons why this becomes a major problem for me. Mainly, my skin, hair and sinuses get really dried out. My hair frizzes, my skin cracks and sometimes I get horrible nosebleeds. I have found a solution to help with all this dryness, the Holmes® Smart Humidifier Console.
Let me tell you a little bit about this amazing humidifier and then I will give you all the details on why a humidifier is a winter essential. Plus, a little surprise!
The Holmes® Smart Humidifier Console can be controlled from a smartphone. It is easy to adjust and control even when you aren’t at home. Second, it can humidify the whole house. I love this because, I have it set up in my living room and it helps the entire house to have more moisture in the air. Using the WeMo app on a smartphone, allows control of the humidity based on weather conditions. Plus, the two large handy water tanks keep the humidifier running for up to 36 hours!
After using this fantastic humidifier for just a few days, I’ve noticed an improvement in my skin dryness, congestion and hair frizziness.
10 Reasons Why Humidifiers are a Winter Essential
- Skincare: Humidifiers help skin to retain moisture and be less dry during winter months.
- Haircare: In dry climates or winter months, hair can take a beating from dryness and frizz out. Adding moisture into the air will help calm hair.
- Cracked Lips: When lips are extremely dry, lip balm might not be enough to help ward off the cracking. Try upping the humidity in your home.
- Nosebleeds: Dry air can cause nosebleeds which are not fun for anyone. Avoid waking up in a panic with a nosebleed by using a humidifier.
- Sinus Congestion: Dry air can clog up sinuses. Help those sinuses drain properly by using a humidifier.
- Avoid Germs: Humidifying a home can also help reduce germs flowing around or getting stuck in sinuses.
- Static Electricity: Keeping humidity at the proper level can reduce static electricity in your home. This means less static cling and less shocks.
- Wood: When air is bone dry, it takes moisture out of the wood and causes it to shrink, or become dry and brittle.
- Alleviate Snoring: Have a snorer in your midst? Adding more water into the air can help alleviate the problem.
- Heal Faster: Whatever sickness may be ailing you, increasing the amount of humidity can help your body heal more quickly.
Have I convinced you of the wealth of benefits to having a humidifier in your home during the winter? I hope so, because I want to share a gift with you! The chance to win your very own Holmes Smart Humidifier Console. Enter here:
Learn more about the Holmes® Smart Humidifier Console:
My son needs one run daily – otherwise he wakes up with horrible bloody noses! This would be perfect for us!
Rebecca Cotterell says
Maybe this would help me get over my cold!
Dianna L says
Omg I need this! My apartment gets horrible in the winter. It gets so full of static that I shock my kitten!
Elaine Rumsey says
More moisture in the air makes my eyes more comfortable and it does away with all the static electricity shocks!
So fun. Would love this to help with my sinuses.
Betsy Barnes says
The most exciting thing about winning this humidifier is my skin would stay moisturized, no more drying out in a dry house! 🙂
Jackie d. says
That a humidifier could help ease alleries…and snores 🙂
Lauren @ The Thinking Closet says
This would make a fantastic gift to my family in New York! Things get SO dry up there – – it would be running ALL winter long to help them cope.
I would give it to my mom. She has a wood stove and that really dries out the house. What a great giveaway!
I would give it to my folks ’cause they keep their apartment so hot and my dad’s skin is always parched!
Ashley M says
I’m so glad I found this on Facebook before it was too late
Lindsay @Artsy-Fartsy Mama says
The humidifier we have is suuuuper old and we’ve been looking for a new one. This one sounds SO cool!!
Christina @ Christina, Plain and Simple says
Being able to have a humidifier in the basement where we spend most of our time would be great. It’s *so* dry down there.
I was just saying today that we need 2 humidifiers now that we have 2 kids on different floors with the winter oogies! We just have the little one in my youngest’s room (and nothing for MY room). But everyone would really benefit, and only one person ever does (and this one is SO much nicer than our current one!!
We need one so badly for one of the boys rooms! Right now we are just passing it around to whoever needs it the most.
I would be excited because this would help with all of our dry skin, especially my son’s eczema.
I am using my second humidifier. I need to run a humidifier at night during the winter to avoid sore throats and colds. A humidifier is just one step that we can use to improve the health of our skin during the winter season.
Barbara @ AirNeeds says
Thanks for sharing wonderful article Emily, The best way to combat dry air and reduce susceptibility to infection is to invest in a humidifier. I’m definitely going to have to try your idea of getting a humidifier if for no other reasons than to keep my nostrils moist.
People rarely think about controlling humidity, only when problems with health begin
I have a problem with skincare, now I’m using Humidifier. my skins are improving.