It is Christmas time! Which means it is cookie time! Well and every other sweet delicious thing you can whip up time. But I especially love cookies. They are easy, not too messy and they are perfect with a glass of ice cold milk. For the whole week I will be sharing with you a cookie recipe! Plus, this will give you lots of options for which cookies to leave for Santa (wink wink). To start off the week of cookies let me share one of my favorites, Oatmeal Scotchies.
These cookies are special. They taste wonderful and are way better than oatmeal raisin (but that could just be my own personal bias because I don’t really like raisins). Butterscotch chips add a unique flavor to these cookies that will leave your taste buds asking for more. The blend of oatmeal, frosted flakes and a dash of cinnamon also add to the delicious flavor.
If you are ready for something different than plain old chocolate chip then give these oatmeal scotchies a whirl. If you aren’t in love, share them with your neighbors or me. We will all be grateful. Here is the recipe to whip up these bad boys.
What is your favorite cookie?
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups frosted flakes
- 1 2/3 cups butterscotch chips/morsels
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar together.
- Add eggs, vanilla and orange extract.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir in oats, frosted flakes, and chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies or 9 to 11 minutes for crunchy cookies.
[…] Oatmeal Scotchies Cookie Recipe […]