I have been working on some fun Easter table setting ideas. Today I want to share with you TWO spring napkin ring tutorials. They will add a fun pop to your table for sure! Washi Tape Napkin Ring Tutorial
You will need:
- white cardstock
- washi tape
- tape runner or glue stick
- baker’s twine
- Start by cutting a 1 1/2 X 4 inch strip of white cardstock.
- Use tape runner or glue stick to attach ends together to make a ring.
- Start by taping strips of washi tape vertically down the ring, leaving some excess to fold over into the inside of the ring.
- Continue by matching up the tape next to the last vertical strip until the entire ring is covered.
- Tie with baker’s twine and insert napkin.
Use coordinating colors to mix and match pops of color.
Yarn Egg Napkin Ring Tutorial
You will need:
- 20-3 foot thin strings in any color
- Water/Glue Mixture (using equal parts of each, I did a 1/4 of a cup of each and had enough for four eggs)
- water balloons
- Start by blowing up a balloon in the shape of an egg (don’t go too big).
- Mix water/glue mixture (I added glitter to mine).
- Dip each string in the water/glue mixture and wrap around the balloon in a random pattern.
- Repeat until egg is completely covered.
- Hang eggs to dry with newspaper under them to catch drips.
- Let dry for a day.
- Use a pin to pop ballon and pull out the balloon from the knot, or use tweezers to get any left over pieces out.
- Draw a circle on each side of the egg.
- Cut out circles.
- Insert napkins.
I love how whimsical these egg napkin rings look. They are a fun addition to any Easter dinner.Enjoy these easy napkin rings and have fun creating!
Do you have other easy napkin ring ideas for spring?
Linking up with: The 36th Avenue, Ginger Snap Crafts, Someday Crafts, Fine Craft Guild, Artsy Fartsy Mama, House of Hepworths, Designed Decor, Diana Rambles, Tatertots & Jello, Or So She Says, What’s Cooking with Ruthie, Your Homebased Mom, Weekend Wonders, Petals to Picots, One Artsy Mama, 504 Main, Six Sisters’ Stuff, Skip to My Lou, Project Inspire, Sumo’s Sweet Stuff, Keeping it Simple, Sew Can Do, I Gotta Try That, Time to Sparkle
Emily, what a great idea!! The yarn is an awesome idea, I would never have thought about doing that!
Rose :: Fine Craft Guild says
Emily, THESE are fabulous. So creative. thank you for linking them up with us at our party this week. BTW We also have an open ongoing WIP linky party (http://www.finecraftguild.com/party-53/), to encourage you to pick up any of these projects annnnddd… do something with it. I find that when I take the time to photograph something, I might as well finish it… It’s a real motivator. Try this.
Laurie @ Simply Creating Home says
I love the colors of the washi napkin rings! So pretty. The yarn egg is so creative and fun, too. What a great way to dress-up a table for Easter!
Both are really cute ideas! Visiting from Diana Rambles. I hope you can stop by and leave me a comment, too!
~ Megin of VMG206
How fun! Thanks so much for coming to (link) party with me… I hope you’ll come again next week to Super Saturday Show & Tell! http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com xoxo~ Ruthie
Great idea to use washi tape! 🙂
Definitely pinning! So cute!
Shatzi @ Love and Laundry says
I love the yarn on, too! I pinned this for you. =)
Rachel (R&R Workshop says
Love these! Super cute!
Andie Thueson says
So cute!!! Love it!! Pinning 🙂
Wow! Those are so delicate and beautiful!