Make these cookies that look spectacular, but are actually really easy. Christmas light cookies are a showstopper to make this holiday season.
Other great holiday ideas you need to try: Inspiring Christmas Tree Decor ideas, Inspiring Christmas Tree Decor ideas, and make Inspiring Christmas Tree Decor ideas.
Easy Christmas Light Cookies
Cake mix cookies are some of my favorites, I used to make them ALL THE TIME in college. So easy, and perfect for a quick sweet treat. And did I mention that they are extremely versatile. There are so many ways to mix them up or try them differently, even ways to dress them up like this recipe today, easy Christmas light cookies.
Grab a few basic Cake Mix Cookie ingredients!
- Cake Mix (You can use any kind, but we used a yellow cake mix for this one)
- Cookie Icing
- Mini M&M’s
How to Make Easy Christmas Light Cookies
- Start by mixing up the cookies. You will mix the eggs, oil, and cake mix all together, until well blended.
- Use a cookie scoopcookie scoop to place 12 cookies equally spaced on a lined baking sheet (I like these silicone matssilicone mats).
- Bake the cookies, making sure to not over bake. I usually bake mine 8 to 10 minutes, checking on them for a gold brown bottom. But They may need up to 12 minutes depending on your oven.
After baking cookies, remove cookies to a cooling rack. After cookies have completely cooled, ice with white icing all over the cookies.
After icing with the white, use a black icing to add a light string, in a back and forth sweeping motion across the cookies.
Lastly, the fun part! Use the mini M&M’s as lights on the string. Place them vertically as shown in the photos.
Allow icing to set up, and you’ve got some adorable and oh so easy Christmas Light cookies!
They make a great dessert to take to a party, to gift to neighbors, or a fun baking activity to do with kids or friends.
More Great Christmas Cookies to try:
Cake Mix Christmas Light Cookies
- Cookie Sheets
- cookie scoop
- 1 15 oz Cake Mix Yellow Cake Mix Used in this recipe
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs
- Mini M&M's
- White Icing
- Black Icing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir the cake mix, oil, and eggs until combined.
- Refrigerate dough for 15-20 minutes.
- Scoop the dough onto the baking sheet. 1 tablespoon sized balls work perfectly!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Let cookies cool before coating in white icing.
- Using the black icing, draw on a light string.
- Place mini M&M onto the cookies to create Christmas lights.
Please Pin this Post for Later:
I'd love to hear your ideas!