The other night we went to a little back to school night thing and the Mr. was wearing a Platform 9 3/4 shirt. Maybe I’ve been naive, but someone asked about it and asked if we really liked Harry Potter, and my thoughts were, “Doesn’t Everyone?!?!?” It actually rocked my world a bit. There are people out there who aren’t obsessed with Harry Potter. I guess it opened my eyes a bit. I really am a bit of a nerd, but I mean they are the ones missing out right? And if you don’t try these Harry Potter Inspired Rock Cakes and have a full on Harry Potter party you are also missing out!
The thing is, the books make rock cakes sound awful and hard like actual rocks. I promise these aren’t hard as rocks. They are actually quite tasty.
I don’t drink tea, but that is just what rock cakes are for. To eat with tea. So grab your favorite hot beverage (or cold, like this amazing frozen butterbeer) and enjoy a little rock cake. Then reminisce about Harry visiting Hagrid’s hut for tea and rock cakes.
Rock cakes are usually made with raisins, but I like to mix things up a bit and add half raisins and half chocolate chips to live a little.
So now I need to know are you obsessed with Harry Potter? Have you taken all of the quizzes on Pottermore? Have you read the books multiple times? Have you been to Universal Studios to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? What are your thoughts on Butterbeer?
And because I really am not the only Potterhead, Marissa at Rae Gun Ramblings has been sharing this fun “Back to Hogwarts” series. And she’s giving aways some cool Harry Potter SWAG! Be sure to enter below!
Hagrid Inspired Rock Cakes
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- heaping 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of cold butter cut into chunks
- 1 eg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with slipmat or spraying with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Sprinkle chunks of butter over the dry ingredients. Rub butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture becomes like wet sand.
- Beat egg with milk and add to flour and butter mixture, fold until a stiff dough forms.
- Fold in raisins and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by the rounded tablespoonfuls on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bottoms are golden.
And be sure to check out all the Harry Potter projects from past years and find all the new Happy Harry Potter creations from this year here, the post is updated daily!
- $50 Amazon gift card perfect for picking out your own awesome Harry Potter swag or stocking up on craft supplies to make your own inspired by the great tutorials from the series!
- $50 Shop credit to spend on LuLaRoe with RaeGunRoe who will be having a special Harry Potter inspired event during the series!
- One Harry Potter Baby Costume or House Tie Necklace from RaeGun perfect for Halloween, or sporting to a vacation to the Wizarding world, or just for any old Tuesday!
- One Nerdifore from Giggles and Mischief (put to a $40) she makes the cutest Harry Potter inspired dresses for big girls as well as My Little Pony, Super Hero and other awesomely geeky options.
- Dumbledore and Harry Potter action figures!
- Other surprise Harry Potter swag!