Contains affiliate links for your convenience; learn more and see our full disclosure policy here.
Do you love all things Harry Potter? I know I sure do! So I’m excited to announce that I am participating in a fun Harry Potter series hosted by the fabulous Marissa of Rae Gun Ramblings. In June we went on vacation to southern California. We headed to Disneyland and then headed to Universal Studios to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! (If you are wanting to head on over to southern California, check out Get Away Today for great deals and $10 off with promo code BENSONSTREET). And we were excited, so naturally I had to make us some fancy shirts for the occasion. If you haven’t been sorted, you better run to Pottermore (the official way to get sorted) so you can make one of these Harry Potter sorting hat shirts.
The Mr. is a proud and true Hufflepuff. Hufflepuffs get a bad wrap sometimes, but they are actually pretty special. And I am a Gryffindor. I decided to take the lyrics from the sorting had song in The Sorcerer’s Stone to show our house pride. You can find the lyrics right over here or in your copies of Harry Potter.
We loved how they turned out. They were really easy to make, but my one note would be to use a different font for the smaller letters. I’ve changed the letters in in the designs below and I hope it works better.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN HARRY POTTER SHIRT
- Buy a plain shirt. Any color you like.
- You will need Heat Transfer Vinyl and Silhouette Cutting Machine.
- Download the correct house image here: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, or Slytherin (click on the words and then right click and save the image to your computer).
- Open Silhouette Studio with a new project, then open the quote image you just downloaded. Use the Trace function. Make sure to measure your shirt and size the image appropriately. The image is already mirrored so all you will need to do is cut out your vinyl.
- Remove the excess vinyl from the clear top coating of the vinyl.
- Then heat your iron up nice and hot. Position the vinyl in the correct spot on the shirt.
- Cover the shirt with a cloth and then iron over the quote for 30 to 45 seconds. Then check to see if the vinyl is sticking to shirt by pulling up the clear top coating. If it is sticking to the clear coating then repeat step seven.
- Once the vinyl has adhered to the shirt you are all done!
While we were buying our Honeyduke’s candy the cashier even told us she loved them and Hufflepuff and Gryffindor is a perfect pair haha! We had a great time and loved wearing our sorting hat shirts.
Now enter these great giveway to win some awesome HARRY POTTER SWAG!
This year’s Happy Harry Potter giveaway winner will give a fun package including:
- $50 Amazon.com gift card
- Make Love Not Horcruxes Book Bag and Custom Hogwarts House Tie Necklace from Rae Gun Shop
- Bookish Swag from CrateJoy which has loads of HP and fandom related subscription boxes.
- Four Stunning Harry Potter Printables from Sisters What!
- Wizard School quilt for Harry Potter fans oversized throw size from Pieces by Polly
I'd love to hear your ideas!