Looking for a great gift for Christmas giving? Look no further than this dollar store christmas gift that fits all in a mug. Plus, a bunch of bonus ideas!
I have a bunch of ideas for the holiday season like printable Christmas stories to pair with gifts for neighbors, or try a Christmas game like, What’s on your phone or Name that Carol.
I love gifts that are quick, easy and thoughtful. The dollar store has so many great items for these types of gifts. Many years ago I used to do a series with my friend Sky where we would share two similar projects. Sky from Capital B and I put together dollar store Christmas gift ideas. These are two gifts well under $10 that are easy to throw together and finish off with a printable gift tags (Grab the free tags at the end of the post).
I love getting together with Sky (she has the cutest little boys). We had lots of fun searching our local dollar store for some great finds. We both found some great mugs and Christmas gifts ornaments to decorate our gifts. The dollar store is a great place to find budget friendly gift ideas that are still a thoughtful gift.
Assembling a Dollar Store Christmas Gift
I decided to throw together a Hot Chocolate Mug kit. I purchased a few dollar store items. Here is what I used in my Hot Cocoa Gift:
- hot cocoa packets
- peppermint sticks
- glittery ornament
- baker’s twine (that I had on hand, but you might be lucky enough to find some at the dollar store)
- printable tag
- cute straws if you want an extra special touch
Arrange the items in the mug and tie the tag on with baker’s twine. The ornament can be tied on with the tag or stuck in the mug. Mine was this adorable reindeer and I thought he just looked great sticking out of the mug like he was flying away on Christmas Eve. If you need help keeping items propped up in the mug add tissue paper to the bottom.
I love how easy it is to use printable tags. They are very versatile use them on a gift bag, package, mason jar, even a gift card, basically any holiday gift. Yes you! I love my readers and want to give you a little something for Christmas!
You know I’d throw in a glittery reindeer any day. It complements the mug perfectly. Can you believe all this great stuff come from the dollar store?
The peppermint sticks are so good. I love to eat them. They can double as a mixing stick to give hot cocoa a great peppermint flavor. Yum. I might just go mix myself up a mug of hot cocoa.
These gifts are a great idea for neighbors, teachers, friends, babysitters, anyone who you need a little gift for.
What would you stuff in a mug for a friend?
Who to gift Mug gifts to:
- Hostess gifts
- Neighbor gifts
- Friend gifts
- Delivery drivers
- College students
- Teachers, Secretary, Bus Driver gifts
More Dollar Tree Gift Ideas
There are really so many options for a gift in a mug. The best part is there are so many things that would make a useful gift.
- Spa Gift – Include a mask, lip balm, and other spa like items in a mug.
- Manicure/Pedicure – Grab nail polish and supplies.
- Movie Night Treats – Fill with popcorn, candy, etc.
- Baking Mug – Fill with cupcake liners, a rubber spatula,
- Craft Supplies Mug –
- Favorite Things – One of my favorite ideas is to buy some of my favorite dollar store supplies
I’ve visited the dollar tree store many times and have found numerous ways to diy dollar store Christmas gifts. If you are on a tight budget, the dollar tree (or any dollar store) is one of the best places to shop. I always pick up a box of hot chocolate and include a couple of packets in each mug along with the other gift items on my Christmas shopping list. Feel free to grab a box of candy canes and slip on in the mug for a festive touch.
Dinner in a Mug
Here is what Sky stuffed her mug with this easy gift idea:
Sky is no longer blogging, but you can still use her idea. You might have to make your own tag, but this is still a great idea. for a Dollar tree gift. You could always add a wooden spoon, kitchen towels, oven mitt, or other kitchen utensils to round this one out. I’m always game for an easy way to help out with a quick dinner during this time of year.
Crafter Dollar Store Christmas Gift in a Mug
The dollar store has really upped their game in the craft supply department. Grabbing a few simple supplies is a great way to find the perfect gift to put under the Christmas tree for the crafters in your life.
I recently took a trip down the craft aisle for dollar gifts and saw things like washi tape, glitter, baker’s twine, glitter hot glue sticks, stamps, pom-pom makers, paint brushes, Mod Podge, and so much more. Definitely worth it to take a look. Pick out favorite colors for a personal touch to cheap gifts (that don’t look cheap). This gift in a mug is a awesome craft project waiting to happen.
Here are two examples of best gifts for crafters from the dollar store:
Baking Gift in a Mug
The Dollar General has great baking options too. I saw a variety of easy cookie mixes, muffin mixes and cake mixes, plus they have some really unique stuff. Say Merry Christmas to someone who loves to bake with a mix and a couple of kitchen gadgets. I went with a gingerbread cookie mix, a spatula, and the mug. The great thing about these simple gift ideas is in the customizability of them. You can add as many items as you like, or only a couple for a less expensive gift.
Teacher Christmas Gift in a Mug
Teachers do so much, and I love gifting practical gifts. Check with your child’s teacher for things they love to use in classroom like red pens, post-it notes, and more. You can even do this as a last minute Christmas gift if you have forgotten to plan ahead.
Ideas for what to include in a teacher mug:
- hole punch
- paper clips
- red pens
- dry erase markers
- rubber bands
- a gift card
- and other school supplies for teachers
Tips for Printing:
To make the most of the What’s on Your Phone free printable Christmas game, follow these tips for printing and playing:
- Quality Printing: Ensure your printer is set to high-quality printing to enhance the readability of the game sheets.
- Sufficient Copies: Print enough copies for all participants, plus a few extras in case of unexpected guests.
- Lamination or Sheet Protectors: Consider laminating the game sheets or placing them in sheet protectors to make them reusable and more durable.
- Festive Prizes: Prepare small, festive prizes for the winners, such as holiday-themed treats or trinkets.
My favorite Printable Supplies:
Contains affiliate links for your convenience; learn more and see our full disclosure policy here.
- Printer: I love my HP home Printer, it prints beautifully everytime no matter what projects I am working on.
- Paper: Depending on the durability you want with your printables, consider printing on card stock or high quality paper.
- Laminator: For printables you are planning to use over and over again, simply laminate and use dry erase markers to mark up the printables.
Please pin this post to save for later: