I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and it’s advertiser. #GiveExtraGum #shopI love Christmas! There are so many fun parties and gifts to give. I love always keeping some easy, simple gifts that I can share with friends and family as they drop by. To me, gifts don’t have to be huge. A small gift to say thank you or Merry Christmas can be just as meaningful as an expensive one. This year I’m making a bunch of these Extra Gum Sled Ornament gifts. They are a clever way to spread holiday cheer or could be easy stocking stuffers. Plus, who doesn’t love a stick of mint gum every now and again?
I headed to Walmart and picked up a variety of Extra gum in Polar Ice, Spearmint and Peppermint flavors. Each gift ends up costing about $1.25.
Here is what I used to create the Extra Gum Sled Ornaments:
- Extra Gum
- pipe cleaners/fuzzy sticks
- craft sticks
- baker’s twine
- hot glue and glue gun
- jingle bells (optional)
- gift tags and washi tape (printable at the bottom)
I was thrilled with how easy and adorable these sleds are. Let’s get creating!
- Each sled needs six craft sticks, two pipe cleaners and a piece of baker’s twine.
- Place the baker’s twine on the end of the gum pack and put hot glue on the craft stick. Glue the stick to the pack of gum with the baker’s twine in between the pack of gum and the craft stick.
- Continue to glue four more sticks on the pack of gum. Keep them nice, straight and even.
- With the last stick repeat the second step with the backer’s twine. The twine creates the loop hanger for the ornament.
- Cut about 3 inches off of two pipe cleaners.
- Roll each of the ends of the pipe cleaner around a pen or glue stick.
- On the underside of the pack of gum along the edge, glue a pipe cleaner to each side of the long sides.
- Tie on a tag and jingle bell.
- Start gifting!
Only nine easy steps to this thoughtful gift.
I love how adorable the Extra Gum Sled Ornaments turned out. I printed out tags and added a stripe of washi tape to each tag.
I am keeping a few of these sleds on my Christmas tree. When my friends stop by they can pick their favorite flavor of Extra Gum and enjoy a fun gum sled ornament.
It would be fun to mix and match the colors of the twine, tags, washi tape and pipe cleaners. These sleds could get really cute with some many different options. I hope I have an Extra Gum Sled Ornament left for me this year!
What great ideas do you use for quick gifts?
Printable Tags here: Printable Extra Christmas Tags Printables are free for personal use only.