It is heating up outside and I’m loving it. I can’t wait to start barbecuing and picnicking. What would make it even better is cute DIY Picnic Caddy.
I bought some adorable bowls at TJ Maxx a couple weeks ago and they came in this gorgeous wooden box. The wheels started turning and I knew I wanted a picnic caddy.
How to: Chevron DIY Picnic Caddy
1. Tape of the chevron stencil
2. Paint the chevron a couple of times, letting it dry in between each coat.
3. Remove stencil and get ready to stain. Sand if needed.
4. Stain the wooden box. I went right over the chevron to give it a shabby chic look.
5. Use thick cardboard and cover with paper for dividers.
6. Use hot glue to secure dividers. Let dry.
Here is a closer look at step 5 to show the cardboard. I just cut pieces of paper to fit the dividers after I decided what size to make them. I used Mod Podge to fix the paper to the cardboard.
Fill with napkins and silverware for a great DIY picnic caddy. This is great to keep utensils organized and in an easy to grab container.
I love the fun pop of the printed paper on the dividers. It give the DIY picnic caddy a special personalized touch.
How would you personalize your DIY Picnic Caddy?
Linking up with: Skip to My Lou, Sumo’s Sweet Stuff, Keeping it Simple, Sew Can Do, I Gotta Try That, Time to Sparkle, Sugar Bee Crafts, Home Stories A to Z, Ginger Snap Crafts, Lil’ Luna, The 36th Avenue, Transformation Thursday, The Weekly Creative, 504 Main, Love and Laundry, Shine on Friday, See Vanessa Craft, Six Sisters’ Stuff, What’s Cooking with Ruthie, Time to Sparkle, Fine Craft Guild, Tatertots & Jello