A list of my favorite young adult books and series that I have read. I’ve compiled a list of the books I loved to read the first time and could read again.
Many of these books are my all time favorites. There are a few of the series that I’ve only been able to read the first one, but need to read the following books in the series. Not because I didn’t like the series, but because I haven’t bought or borrowed the books.
I love young adult fiction, especially fantasy or dystopian novels. I have tried to branch out in the last couple of years, but my heart comes back to these stories and characters. I recently found a few series that I’ve really enjoyed. Another great thing is that most of these series are completely published, so no waiting for the next book for months 🙌. And for the most part they are fairly clean. I’ll mark a couple with stars* that have a little more language or sex. I personally can handle some minor language, and prefer to steer clear of stronger language and profanity. And I’ll put a carrot^ by the series I haven’t finished.
If you want to follow along with what I am reading right now, hang out with me on Instagram. I share what am reading, reviews, and other book news in my stories, and feed.
My Favorite Young Adult Books and Series
- The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
- The Giver Quartet by Lois Lowry
- The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
- Ash Princess, Lady Smoke, and Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy) by Laura Sebastian
- The Selection, The Elite, The One, The Heir, The Crown (The Selection Series) by Kiera Cass
- The Betrothed by Kiera Cass (reading this one right now and not sure if it will be a series or not)
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
- Renegades, Archenemies, and Supernova (Renegades Trilogy) by Marissa Meyer
- Everless and Evermore by Sara Holland
- Entwined by Heather Dixon
- Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth
- The Glittering Court, Midnight Jewel, and Emerald Isle (The Glittering Court Series) by Richelle Mead*
- The Blood Spell by C.J. Redwine
- The Red Queen Series by Victoria Aveyard*
- The Bear and the Nightingale, The Girl in the Tower, and The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy) by Kathrine Arden^
- The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine
- The Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets, and Forest Born (Books of Bayern Series) by Shannon Hale
- Princess Academy and Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer
- The Host by Stephanie Meyer
- Girl in the Blue Coat by Monica Hesse
- Love and Luck by Jenna Evans Welch
- City of a Thousand Dolls and Empire of Shadows by Miriam Forester
- Eyes Like Stars, Perchance to Dream, and So Silver Bright (Theatre Illuminata series) by Lisa Mantchev^
- The Princess Diaries, plus 10 more in the series (Princess Diaries Series) by Meg Cabot
- Defy, Ignite, and Endure (Defy Series) by Sara B. Larson
- Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie
- Wings, Spells, Illusions, Destined, and Arabesque (Wings Series) by Aprilynne Pike^