The other day I shared about our experience at Goofy’s Kitchen in Disneyland. We had a lot of fun, but these cute fruity rice crispy treats were one of my favorite parts of the meal. As soon as I tasted them I knew I had to recreate them! They are a fairly easy dessert, but look so cute and are fun for parties. The first part of the recipe is pretty straight forward.
After mixing up the cereal mixture, having a pastry roller really helps get a nice even distribution of the cereal in the pan. Roller it over the top and spread the mixture evenly through the pan. We want a nice even thickness for when we make the Mickey cutouts.
After that is complete, let the treats cool. When they have cooled grab a cute Mickey Mouse cookie cutter. I used this one I found on Amazon. It was a good size and deep enough to cut through the cereal mixture. Cut out the treats as close as you can. There will be extra that can’t be cut into shapes (it still tastes just as good, just not as cute). Lay the treats on wax paper as they are cut out.
Next, grab a small ziplock bag and melt your melting wafers. Then cut a small corner off and add melted chocolate to a bag. Drizzle the chocolate on top of each Mickey (and extra treats if desired). Let cool and then enjoy and wow family and friends with how fun these fruity rice crispy treats are!
Ta-da! The cutest Mickey shaped fruity rice crispy treats! I’m in love and can’t wait to make more!
And if you are ready to go try the real deal at Disneyland head over to see my friends at Getaway Today! They have great customer service, amazing deals and they price match!
Ready to make your own Disneyland inspired Mickey shaped Fruity Rice Crispy Treats?
Fruity Rice Crispy Treats (a Disneyland Copycat)
- Mickey Cookie Cutter
- Pastry Roller
- ziplock sandwich bag
- 3 cups rice crispy cereal
- 3 cups Fruity Pebbles
- 1 bag marshmallows 16 oz bag
- 1/3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white melting wafers
- Combine marshmallows and butter in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Measure and mix cereal in a separate bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir.
- Microwave at 30 second increments until melted. Stirring inbetween.
- Add vanilla and salt, stir.
- Pour cereal into marshmallow mixture.
- Stir until coated.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and press down using wax paper.
- Smooth over with a pastry roller to make sure that mixture is evenly spread in the pan.
- Let cool.
- Cut into Mickey Mouse shapes and move to wax paper. Grease cookie cutter if needed.
- Warm melting wafers in a microwave safe bowl. Start with 30 second increments until melted, stirring between each 30 seconds. Do not over cook. About two to four times should do it.
- Snip off one bottom corner of a ziplock bag and spoon melted wafers into the bag.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the Mickey shapes on the wax paper.
- Let cool and serve.
Looking for more Disneyland fun??