I’ve been meaning to share this recipe for a long long time! It is so simple, but so delicious. Way back when I was pregnant with baby number 2, I had a craving for this delicious appetizer or it could be considered a light meal. Luckily, my mom is a good sport and made it for me. It definitely hit the spot then and now I’m wanting it again (no I’m not pregnant, just hungry).
The fun thing about this easy recipe is that it can be customized for picky eaters or veggie lovers. Have everyone add their own veggies to their piece, or make it up with only the veggies that your family likes.
I love to top mine with ranch dressing. But if you don’t love ranch, you could try salsa or sour cream or even a little bit of each. There is just something about the mix of the crescent dough, the veggies and ranch that is just delicious.
This dish is great to serve at parties, showers, or get togethers of any kind. It make a cookie sheet sized pizza that can be cut into smaller pieces for appetizers or larger pieces for a bigger meal sized portion.
What veggies would you like to top your veggie pizza with?
- 2 cans of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package of cream cheese softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- assorted veggies diced or chopped finely
- Ranch Dressing salsa, or sour cream for topping.
- Roll out crescent dough flat on a cookie sheet.
- Press together all seams.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Allow to cool and then spread cream cheese on top.
- Top with veggies and then shredded cheese.
- Can be returned to the oven to melt the cheese for a couple of minutes or served cold.