I was given free product in exchange for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.
Guys! It’s today! Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is out! I’ve been waiting for this since I finished the first one and at the end of the movie it says “The Guardians of the Galaxy will return.” Guardians is one of my favorites in the Marvel world. Naturally, when I received these Slime Ballz from FloraCraft at Snap, I knew making Guardians of the Galaxy inspired galaxy slime was the perfect way to put them to use.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience; learn more and see our full disclosure policy here.
Before we get started did you know that a new ride is coming to Disney California Adventure… it is called Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: BREAKOUT! Get your Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Tickets Right here through Getaway Today!
Now let’s get making Galaxy Slime!
Galaxy Slime Supplies:
- 4 oz. White Craft Glue
- 3 teaspoons water
- 8-10 teaspoons liquid starch
- 1/2 package FloraCraft Slime Ballz
- Gel food coloring
Galaxy Slime Directions:
- In a large bowl or other container mix craft glue with 3 teaspoons of water and a couple drops of blue/purple food coloring.
- One teaspoon at a time, add 8 teaspoons of liquid starch to the white craft glue mixture. Mix well each time a teaspoon is added.
- Once combine, use your hand to knead the slime.
- If too sticky, knead in a few additional drops of liquid starch. Reapeat this process until desired consistency.
- Add Slime Ballz and glitter to the mixture and knead with hand until combined. Continue to add glitter until desired amount of glitter.
- Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag
Didn’t it turn out perfect! I love the color but I probably added too much food coloring. My hands were a bit blue after mixing, but it wore off quite quickly. Lesson learned, don’t be too heavy handed with the food coloring.
My other tip is to try making this once without the kids. The consistency takes some experimenting, but so fun!
Slime Ballz are so fun in the slime too. They add in texture. Making and playing with this slime is a great sensory play. Even if you keep it in the bag and play with it is fun.
Have you made slime before? This was my first time, but it turned out great and I can’t wait to see Guardians of the Galaxy!
And don’t forget there is a new ride coming to Disney California Adventure… it is called Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: BREAKOUT! Get your Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Tickets Right here through Getaway Today!