Have you seen Moana? I am excited it is coming out today, because I wanted to see it in the theater but with a one year old, we have to use our movie date nights wisely. And we can’t take her with us because we tried that with Finding Dory and I didn’t see any of that movie except the previews. Since then we’ve vowed to not take Miss JJ to another movie until she is 4 or 5. In my anticipation and excitement I whipped up this yummy tropical banana crush slush. It is yummy and reminds me there will one day be warmer weather.
This simple recipe uses 5 ingredients plus water. It is perfect for summer days, luaus, parties and more. If you are excited about watching Moana, this drink will go perfectly. This is an old recipe my mother received at a church party years ago.
It still tastes amazing, but to make it more fun, I added Moana Straw Flags. Don’t worry you can too. I’ve add the FREE printable file at the end of the post. to make the flags: print out printable, cut out flags, using a tape runner or glue stick glue the flags around the straws and allow to dry. These could used as cupcake flags.
Slush drinks are some of my favorites. The cool and refreshing texture hits the spot. Time and time again.
Have you seen Moana? What did you think? There are more Moana inspired ideas at the end of this post from some of my fabulous blogger friends!
Download the printable straw flags here!
Remember printables on The Benson Street are free for personal use, but are not available to sell or for commercial use.
Download Moana Straw Flags right here –> Moana Straw Flags
Click the link above and print. Then cut out and apply to straws for a cute flag!
- 4 cups sugar
- 6 cups water
- 5 mashed bananas
- juice from 2 lemons
- 1 small can of frozen orange juice
- 1 large can pineapple juice
- Lemon Lime Soda
- In a large pan heat water and sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, let cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients except soda.
- Freeze in freezer container until mushy.
- Add frozen mixture to a glass and fill with soda.
- Give it a stir and serve.
- Hint: half the recipe for a smaller crowd.
- If mixture is frozen solid, remove from freezer a half and hour before serving to soften.
- I like mine quite slushy so I fill my glass with the frozen mixture until full, then I add in the soda to top it off. Add as much as you like depending on your preferences.
More Moana Inspired ideas:
Orange Pineapple Coconut Smoothie | The Love Nerds
Coconut Poke Cake | Sugar & Soul
Moana Cupcakes | Cupcake Diaries
Moana Paper Pennant Banner | Simply Made Fun
Moana Mocktail | Play Party Plan
Pineapple Sugar Cookies | Your Everyday Family
Moana Tropical Banana Crush Slush | The Benson Street
Moana Felt Flower Headband | My Mom Made That
Tattoo Shirt Sleeve Tutorial | Sew What Alicia