If you loved the apple cinnamon streusel muffins from Monday, then let’s make more with apples. Today I’m going a little sweeter with my favorite perfect apple crisp recipe. This is great for fall nights (or anytime). Use up all those fall apples with this yummy recipe. I have a ton of apples that I was given and I want to use them all up so be sure to come back on Friday for one more apple recipe.
Use any type of baking apples, and mix together the simple oat topping for a yummy dessert. It tastes great warm out of the oven with some ice cream and caramel sauce drizzled on top. Or if eat it cold. Either way it tastes perfect!
Don’t wait, let’s get making this perfect apple crisp recipe. Grab your apron and make sure you have some vanilla ice cream in the freezer. If not run to the store and pick some up!
- 12 apples cored and sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cubes butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Grease 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix filling ingredients in a sauce pan and boil for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Place apple filling in prepared pan.
- Mix filling ingredients in medium bowl.
- Sprinkle over filling.
- Bak for 30 to 40 minutes until top is crispy and golden brown.