Cheesecake is one of my favorites. I always love going to The Cheesecake Factory because of all the delicious flavors, but nothing beats a homemade cheesecake. My Nana made this cheesecake for my mom as a small girl and then my mom made it for me and my siblings. Let’s just say the recipe has been in the family and it is actually really easy to make! Let’s get baking this easy homemade cheesecake recipe.
We usually top it with cherry pie filling, but it can be served plain, with fruit preserves or even chocolate and caramel syrup. That way everyone can pick their own toppings.
This recipe has two layers which makes it super silky and delicious.
What do you like to top your cheesecake with?
- 2 - 8 oz. blocks of cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- dash of vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/3 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Mix together graham crackers and butter.
- Press into pie dish to make crust.
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla until creamy.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour into crust and bake at 325 Degrees for 25 minutes.
- Mix sour cream and 1/ 4 cup sugar.
- Bake at 450 Degrees for 5 minutes.
- Top with with fruit pie filling or preserves and serve.