Cookies are one of my favorite treats. They are fairly easy to put together and easy to eat. No utensils, not too messy, just yummy. Plus, lately I’ve come to love the taste of butterscotch. Yum and oatmeal. This recipe is a quick and easy yummy treat, butterscotch oatmeal cookies. I really like the taste of oatmeal in cookies, but not really oatmeal raisin cookies. I think cookies deserve sweetness like butterscotch chips.
I have noticed that oatmeal has helped me while I have been nursing to increase my milk. So they could pretty much be a breastfeeding cookie. A great way to add some oatmeal into your diet in a delicious way. Oats are great for everyone!
Let’s get baking!
Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 cups of oats
- 1 3/4 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 1/2 cups frosted flakes
- Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda.
- In a separate bowl beat shortening, sugar, brown sugar and cream together.
- Add eggs, vanilla and orange extract.
- Gradually add in flour mixture.
- Stir in oats, butterscotch chips, frosted flakes.
- Drop teaspoon sized balls onto an ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.