Can you tell I love candy? Or maybe it is just Valentine’s Day. Actually I love them both, but the candy is one of the best parts of Valentine’s Day. Especially homemade candy. I love a nice easy candy recipe that can be shared with your sweetheart. These Cherry-O-Lets valentine candies are perfect. They are sweet with some yummy peanut and cherry flavors mixed all together.
Who can go wrong with chocolate, peanuts, marshmallows and cherry frosting. Delightful.
The pink gives a great valentine candy hue to these candies. Everyone will be begging for me. It might be hard to share this delicious treat, but believe me you should otherwise all those new year’s resolutions will be gone.
Let’s get to the candy making.
Cherry-O-Lets, Valentine Candy
What you will need:
- 2 bags of chocolate chips
- 2 cups of peanuts
- 36 to 40 large marshmallows
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 can of cherry frosting
- Chop peanuts.
- Melt chocolate chips.
- Mix peanut butter, peanuts and chocolate.
- Pour less than half of chocolate mixture in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Freeze to set (about 5 to 10 minutes).
- Soften marshmallows on low heat or in microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Blend in cherry frosting.
- Spread on set chocolate in pan.
- Return to freezer to set (about 5 to 10 minutes).
- Top with remaining chocolate mixture and freeze.
- Cut into squares and enjoy
Store Cherry-O-Lets in the refrigerator.
You know I love to team up with my blog friends to share all our great ideas. This month we are all sharing some valentine ideas. Check them out:
Gold Heart Pillow – Crafting in the Rain
Cherry-O-Lets Valentine Candy – The Benson Street
Valentine’s Day Candy Bark Recipe – Practically Functional
Tic Tac Mint to Be Valentines – Seven Thirty Three
Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes – Here Comes the Sun
Mini Love Bunting Wreath – Dolen Diaries