Are you ready for day two of the great week of cookies!? I love a chocolate cookie mixed with a hint of peppermint. It is a fun holiday themed treat. Try these yummy candy cane chocolate cookies. They are perfect with milk or hot cocoa. Swirl a candy cane in that hot cocoa and enjoy. Santa will appreciate these Christmasy cookies for sure.
Chocolate and peppermint are a great combination. Winning in fact. Think of all the candies and other desserts inspired by this flavor combination. Now you can make candy cane chocolate cookies from the comfort of your own home. Get the kids involved. They can smash up the candy canes for you. Give them a back and let them go to town crushing them up.
What are your favorite Christmas cookies to bake? Enjoy this yummy cookie recipe.
Candy Cane Chocolate Cookies
- 3 1/3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar 1 pkg 6 serving size chocolate fudge pudding
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Vanilla frosting canned or homemade
- candy canes for garnish
- Mix flour with baking soda.
- Combine butter, sugars, pudding and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Gradually add flour and mix.
- Batter will be stiff.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool.
- Frost with vanilla frosting and top with crushed candy canes.