This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TasteTheSeason #CollectiveBias
I love the season of giving! It is always exciting to find the perfect gifts for everyone in your life. I especially love to come up with creative and special gift ideas to share with friends and neighbors. On these types of gifts I want to give something nice, but not have to spend all of my Christmas budget on them. My solution is homemade gifts dressed up in an adorable way, like this Chocolate Caramel Sauce. It is the perfect way to spread a little Christmas cheer this holiday season. Plus, the extra special homemade touch will show you really care.
To get started I headed to Walmart (my go to for saving money on everyday items, plus have you tried the Savings Catcher app?? So cool) to get my supplies. Head to the baking aisle and grab the following:
- Kraft Caramels
- Baker’s Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate
- Half pint mason jars
This delicious chocolate caramel sauce is so easy to make and only requires three ingredients.
Let’s whip up this smooth and creamy sauce:
- Unwrap the individual caramels of one 11 oz. bag of Kraft Caramels and place candies in a small to medium sized saucepan.
- Add 2/3 cup milk and two small squares (1/2 an ounce) of Baker’s Semi Sweet chocolate.
- Melt on low heat, stirring constantly for 15 minutes or until the caramels have melted completely.
- Fill two half pint mason jars with sauce.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, heat in microwave for about 30 seconds, stir, pour over ice cream or other treats.
Be patient when melting the caramels. It will seem like it is taking a long time, but keep stirring to avoid burning caramels.
Using Kraft Caramels and Baker’s Chocolate provide the perfect quality base for a yummy homemade gift.
The sauce comes out silky and perfect for topping ice cream, brownies, sundaes or dipping fruit in. It is especially great for sharing with friends.
The adorable squatty mason jars are the perfect way to add a unique flair to this delicious gift. To top off the jar trace a circle on scrapbook paper and cut it out. Slip it in between the jar lid and finish it off with some twine.
Save a little bit of the chocolate caramel sauce for yourself and have fun sharing with your friends. They will be loving a small holiday treat for sure.
For more recipe inspiration check out these other Kraft Recipes hub. Walmart and Kraft teamed up to give great recipe ideas that are perfect for the holidays. Find a dish that will impress using your favorite ingredients. Or enter to win some prizes!
- 1 - 11 oz. bag Kraft Caramels
- 1/2 oz. Baker's Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 2/3 cup of milk
- Unwrap caramels and place in small saucepan.
- Add chocolate and milk.
- Melt over low heat for 15 minutes or until completely melted.
- Store in refrigerator.
- To serve heat in microwave for 30 seconds, stir and serve over ice cream, brownies or fruit.