This post brought to you by SOLO® Brand Products. The content and opinions expressed below are that of The Benson Street.
Some people have a natural knack for hosting parties, gatherings and get togethers. They can through together food, friends and fun like magic. For others it is hard. It may be awkward, have no idea what to serve or what to do at a party. I want to help you out. If you would love to host a party (it can even be a small party) I’ve got you covered with my tips for how to host a party, plus my go to appetizer recipe.
Tips for how to host a party.
1. Decide what kind of party you want to throw. Do you want it to be a game night, a movie night, a social party. Decide what best suits your interests. If you are a little less than social maybe try for a movie night. Less talking, but still a lot of fun.
2. Plan your menu. Are you going to serve a full meal, appetizers, desserts, drinks. Once you decide, feel free to invite your guests to bring something along to help you out. You might want to create the food all by yourself, but I promise it is a big help to have guests bring a little something to help out. I love hosting parties with appetizers. Appetizers are generally easy and yummy. Here is a super simple recipe for Pepperoni Bites. Use easy recipes like this to create your party food.
- 2 cans of crescent rolls
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups pepperoni (chopped)
Unroll crescent rolls on a greased cookie sheet. Roll crescents over the pan to form a solid crust.
Mix remaining ingredients and pour over crust.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. Watch for crust to become golden brown with cheese melted.
Cut into small squares. Can be served with marinara sauce for dipping.
3. Use SOLO cups and plates. Nothing is worse than having a great time and then having to do tons of dishes after a party. SOLO cups and plates are such a great alternative to regular dishes. They are strong, soak proof and ‘Not Every Cup is a SOLO cup’ because they are squared, which prevents spills. Keeps everyone satisfied and avoids mess. Plus the new ‘It’s My Solo’ Cups are awesome! I love that you can easily keep your cup labeled by just scratching your name in the adorable chalkboard like label.
4. Enjoy yourself. Maybe not everyone will show up, maybe you burn an appetizer, but just go with the flow. If you get too stressed out the get together will not be enjoyable at all.
Let’s see how these tips came together in my last get together:
I decided to throw a social party. The Mr. and I just wanted to get together with some friends and socialize, talk and enjoy great company. We served appetizers, pepperoni bites, cheesy chili chip dip, brownies and cupcakes. Plus, our favorite beverage Lemon Water. Friends stopped by, grabbed a bit, talked and clean up was so easy. Party success. It is just that easy!
I seriously love love love the ‘It’s My Solo’ Cups and so did everyone at the party. No cup confusion here!
Oh and the food was hit! Just like this awesome cup and plate song from Solo:
Follow along with SOLO on social media:
What are your tips for throwing a great party?