I love a good cookie. Snickerdoodle cookies are one of my favorites, I love them even more because I’ve added a secret ingredient. If you love snickerdoodles too, then this secret addition will make you want more and more.
The secret ingredient is cinnamon chips.
Any will do, but I especially like the cinnamon chips from The Prepared Pantry. They are a local store, but you can purchase their products online. I like them so much because they are such a great quality and when they bake they are like a cinnamon burst! They work great in breads as well as cookies.
I love finding an easy way to spice up my baking.
I back off the cinnamon to roll the cookies in, because of the cinnamon chips. Don’t back off too much though, because cinnamon is awesomely delicious.
I love when cookies come out perfectly. My tip: use a cookie dough scoop, then flatten with fingers. I flatten them once with my fingers and then do it again perpendicular to the first flattening marks. This makes it nice and smooth on top. I sometimes push the edges in if there is a part hanging out strangely from the cookie.
The kids and adults alike will be in love with these cookies for sure. I’ve had to hold my husband off of the cookies.
On the upside, this recipe makes four and half dozen cookies. I know right, I did the math that is 54 cookies. Perfect for bake sales, family reunions, parties. Anything where you need to bring a huge treat.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups cinnamon chips
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup of sugar mixed for rolling cookies in
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add eggs and beat
- Blend in milk and vanilla
- Stir in rest of ingredients except the cinnamon and sugar for rolling
- Form 1 inch balls and roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture, place two inches apart on cookie sheet
- Flatten balls slightly
- Bake at 375 for 9 to 12 minutes
- Use a cookie scoop and flatten with fingers to get perfect looking cookies.