It is March. At my house that means MARCH MADNESS. You know the drill, brackets, basketball and awesome food. It is a serious deal. The Mr. and I spend a lot of time watching the games unfold and seeing who will be crowned the victor of March Madness. It is fun, but I love having a little fun with the food. The Mr. loves meatball subs. Me not so much. They are usually messy which ends up on clothes, yuck. So to compromise his love of meatball subs with my need to be a neat eater I decided to try meatball sub sliders.
The result. AWESOME SAUCE. They are easy enough to keep clean while eating and they taste as delicious as a meatball sub. Another plus they are so cute! Food doesn’t need to be cute but it is definitely a plus.
This recipe is sure to impress, from the homemade meatballs to the easiness of the recipe to the flavor, your guests will be wanting more.
If you know me, I am all about easy. Simply mix a pound of ground beef with some seasonings, shape and pop in the oven. Add sauce and serve on King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls with melted mozzarella. Is your tummy growling yet?
Meatball sub sliders would great as an appetizer or a meal. To keep them warm during a party I keep them in a slow cooker.
What are your go to March Madness foods? You know I am going to need more recipes, send them my way.
Meatball Sub Sliders
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 onion soup mix
- King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls or homemade rolls
- Red Pasta Sauce homemade or store bought
- Slices of mozzarella cheese
- Mix hamburger, eggs, salt & pepper, breadcrumbs and soup mix.
- Shape into balls about an inch in diameter.
- Fry meatballs in oil or bake on a lined cookie sheet for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Mix meatballs with red sauce.
- Slice rolls in half.
- Cut each slice of cheese in fourths.
- Put one slice of cheese on each roll.
- Toast rolls in oven on broil for one minute or 20 seconds in the microwave to melt cheese.
- Top each roll with a meatball and serve.