How is it already August? How am I already buying school supplies and school clothes? Well the summer may have flown by but me and my blog friends have some projects to get you in the mood for back to school. Check out these amazing back to school projects and get in the school spirit!
1. Back to School Mantle by The Crafted Sparrow
2. Churched up Backpacks by Maybe I Will
3. Back to School Wreath by Among the Young
4. Flour-less Cookies by Hollyhocks & Honeybees
5. Portable Homework Station by The Benson Street
6. ABC Book Page Bunting by She’s Crafty
7. Back to School Trends by Flats to Flip Flops
8. Back to School Shopping List by Free Time Frolics
I love school supplies. What I don’t love… disorganized school supplies. I can be found shopping at all the office supplies stores getting the awesome deals. To keep it organized I’ve created Portable Homework Stations. These are especially great if kids do homework in multiple places (outside, grandma’s house, kitchen table, etc.).
What I used:
- totes (use any size that will fit your kids supplies, older kids might need a tote that will hold folders, notebooks and paper)
- pencil sharpener
- binder clips
- any other things that your kids (or you) use frequently
Another easy trick to keep each kid’s homework station together (and no one’s stuff gets mixed up) use washi tape. Tape names to the lids of the totes and place a coordinating piece of tape on each item of school supplies.
Throw everything in the tote and then find kids a spot to do their homework. They can have everything they need if they are out on the patio, grandma’s or even just at the kitchen table.
To keep small items like paperclips together, I used small containers from Ikea. Use as many as needed for different small parts.
I hope these portable homework station ideas will keep you and your kids organized all year long and that homework time will be easier. Keep it all together so they can focus on getting that homework done!
Make sure to visit all my fun blog friends and get in the back to school spirit.
Linking up with: Tatertots & Jello, Six Sisters’ Stuff, Craft-O-Maniac, Skip to My Lou, Sumo’s Sweet Stuff, Keeping it Simple, Marvelous Mondays, Time to Sparkle, Sugar Bee Crafts, Snap, Sugar & Dots, The 36th Avenue, Transformation Thursday, Love & Laundry, Fine Craft Guild, What’s Cooking with Ruthie