We were partying pretty hard around here lately with this yummy Homemade Cracker Jack Recipe.
This guy celebrated his birthday yesterday, so naturally I threw him a baseball themed party. Complete with Homemade Cracker Jack, peanuts, bubble gum and a hot dog bar complete with all the fixings. It was a beautiful evening to roast hot dogs and play with friends.
He was so surprised at all the fun food, friends, family and partying. I am loving this beautiful Idaho weather we are having. It might be nice for another couple of days. I am just glad it held up for his party.
It was a little crazy, so my picture taking of the food didn’t quite happen. I did get a shot of my easy mason jar silverware holders.
The bubble gum, peanuts and homemade cracker jack were a hit! We even had some of our guests dress up in baseball attire. It was so fun to just have a little get together with friends and family.
To finish off the celebration we devoured this baseball cake. It was so easy to make too. Just do a white cake and add the seams with a little bit of red icing. I made a funfetti cake with the funfetti frosting on the sides and just vanilla on the top to make it look like a baseball.
Now get to making your own homemade cracker jack.
- 2 bags popped microwave popcorn
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- In a large bowl mix popcorn and peanuts
- Mix together all other ingredients in a pot
- Cook 5 minutes on medium heat
- Bring to a boil
- Pour over popped popcorn and peanuts
- Stir well
- Put mixture on a large cookie sheet and bake at 125 degrees for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes
- I cooked mine on 170 degrees (because that is as low as my oven would go) for 45 minutes and still stirring every 15 minutes.