At a trip to IKEA recently, I found a ton of gorgeous lanterns (check out some more at IKEA Online). I was drawn to them. Especially this black one. It was lacking a little flair, so I decided to create an upcycled lantern. What you will need:
- Lantern with glass panes
- Mod Podge and sponge brush
- I embellished it with a spray painted wooden key
Upcycled Lantern Tutorial Steps:
- Use paper to measure the size of the glass panes and use as a pattern to cut out fabric.
- Paint a thin layer of Mod Podge on a glass pane. Carefully place fabric on the Mod Podge. Smooth out wrinkles and then paint a thin layer of Mod Podge over the fabric. Be careful to not wrinkle the fabric. I smoothed it out with a pencil.
- Repeat on each pane.
- Embellish and enjoy (I spray painted a wooden key and then dipped part of it in Mod Podge and glittered it).
Have I ever told you I have an obsession with keys. I love all shapes, sizes, colors, ages, etc. of keys. They are all over my home. I have necklaces with keys and key holes. I just love them. So this glitter key is the perfect touch to this upcycled lantern.
Another obsession: Green. It’s been my favorite color for a long time now. I was so excited when they announced the color of the year! Go GREEN!
I have the perfect place for this lantern in my kitchen. I am in the process of finishing up decorating the kitchen. When I get it to 100% I will show you the big reveal. Be sure to look for this stunningly easy upcycled lantern.
Linking up with: The 36th Avenue, Lil’ Luna, Ginger Snap Crafts, Artsy Fartsy Mama, House of Hepworth’s, 504 Main, Tatertots & Jello , What’s Cooking with Ruthie, Six Sisters’ Stuff, Skip to My Lou, Sew Chatty, Sumo’s Sweet Stuff, Keeping it Simple, Time to Sparkle, Sugar Bee Crafts, Home Stories A to Z